Your Weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
interesting weekend for you?
school is soon re-beginning & i've got plenty to get prepped. plenty of studying for me!:)
you?

Paul's going bear hunting.. I"m tired of being a hunting widow so... I'm going along with him. I'll sit in the truck and read and write some letters while he's out looking for Smokey.

Not a very good week end for me. I have a niece who is having surgery for cervical cancer and she is in her early thirties. My dearest uncle in the world is also in the hospital having a biopsy done on his lung. I have a lot of things on my mind this week end and being able to come here and talk story with the wonderful people here on DC helps me to take my mind of my worries. Thank you, dear friends.

wasabi said:
Not a very good week end for me. I have a niece who is having surgery for cervical cancer and she is in her early thirties. My dearest uncle in the world is also in the hospital having a biopsy done on his lung. I have a lot of things on my mind this week end and being able to come here and talk story with the wonderful people here on DC helps me to take my mind of my worries. Thank you, dear friends.
Come talk all you need to Wasabi...That's what friends are for.

kadesma

Thank you very much, girls.:heart:
Now let's hear about the fun stuff people have planned for the week end.

It's my husbands weekend to have all of his friends over for their "meeting" in his workshop. His brother and him trade off weekends. Their dad use to have it in his workshop every Saturday before he died. So the tradition goes on. I usually go shopping. The reason I do that is they like to fry up some fish and I hate the smell. They are pretty good about frying it outside but I can still smell it. UGH! :sick:

great, our buddy asked if i wanted him to bring his baby tomorrow.:)
i have several historical novels & we've read most of those so we'll probably be getting other reading materials. & maybe we'll go bowling.
i may cook for them, too.

Last edited:
Wasabi, I'm so sorry it will be a hard weekend for you and I hope all goes well.

Mr HB's grandson's football season begins on Saturday and they have an afternoon of fun and festivities before the game...will the good times ever end? :)

I'm not being a bad sport but the party starts at noon, we live an hour and a half away and the game begins at 6. It's just going to be a very long day.

Last edited:
Tonight Lou and I are enjoying the pizzas I made....getting ready to go out to the hot tub soon. We haven't had dessert:innocent::brows: yet. Tomorrow we'll try to get a bike ride in. We're going to the Feast of San Genaro tomorrow night in Little Italy in NYC. Sunday will probably be another bike ride and then there's a football game he wants to watch before heading back to Philly.

I've got some rehearsals this weekend. So there's that. Farmer's market is tomorrow but I don't know if I'll make it, as much as I love going. Don't know what else, the kids are still feeling sick so we'll "take it easy". dh is building a porch and I'll be entertaining 2 cranks. :rolleyes:

wasabi, hugs and prayers all goes well.

we may be goin' down the shore for the last beach weekend this summer. staying over my parent's house, hope to try to distract mom long enough to keep her out of her kitchen so i can cook dinner for everyone. :chef:

if not, we'll go to san genarro's in the city. if we go saturday night, i'll climb up on a lamppost and scream "verablue, where are you!!!!!"

sorry to hear this wasabi.Sending prayers your way!!!
we'll be visiting some friends late on sat night.And sunday will be busy as usual.visitors drop by all day long.Food is cooked in huge quantities.might go out on sunday night though if there r no visitors then.And yes,i forgot to tell.Bought some movies to watch tonight.and i'm planning to bake some brownies for my movie night.

drink some broth, maybe? delicious. may ease you towards a nap or relaxation. or read? or both?

Feel better soon kimbaby! {{{HUGS}}}

TC is cutting the neighbors grass today, as soon as I get gas for the lawn mower, then I've got to spend the day busting my tail end to get the house cleaned, we have company coming over tonight & this place is a wreck!!

I had to travel from Chicago to Lexington, KY, for work for this weekend. So, I am sitting here ready to do some work. I've been waiting for 3 hours.

Back
Top Bottom