Hearty Vegetarian Spaghetti

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hearty, healthy and it looks pretty too. Even my un-vegatarian DH loves this.:-p

SAUCE:
-minced garlic (the more the merrier, but use your taste)
-EVOO (about a tablespoon)
-1 zucchini sliced
-Broccolli , about 10 ounces chopped
-handful Kalamata olives, pitted
-jar of spaghetti sauce (I only use Francesco Rinaldi, original flavor)

PASTA:
-Pasta, I like penne
-Cheese filled raviolis (when I have, I add them too, makes it a real treat!)

Saute the garlic in evoo, then add zucchini and broccolli (both are sliced or chopped to comfortable bite size). Put lid on to cook the veges a bit so they're soft and not raw, maybe 10 minutes. Finally add jar of sauce and sliced kalamatas (hint: even pitted olives sometimes have pits, so I slice each one in half before adding, keeps teeth happy!)

Boil the pasta and if you remember, I combine pasta and cheese-filled raviolis together to make this meal EXTRA hardy and delicious. Serve pasta under sauce, add your favorite bread and you're set.

Silly, but sauces make a big difference in taste here, once used a different brand and hated it. But use your favorite. Enjoy, you really will like this!
Lisa

This sounds GREAT! When I first read the title I thought immediately - zucchini. I have put diced zucchini in chili before and it gives it a great texture!!! I will be copying this in my recipe files. I hope I can find the sauce you use - otherwise I will use Hunts Traditional.

Thanks for the GREAT recipe.

Kitchenelf, I hope you like it! By the way, I adore chili but have never tried zucchini in it. Since it is definitley chili season, I'm going to try some in my next batch. By the way, have you ever used "hamburger crumbles" (Boca Burger style, not real meat) as an exchange for the hamburger? It's still delicious.

thanks for the zucchini tip,:sleep:
Lisa

Back
Top Bottom