Rice Krispie peanut butter treat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
My son is the king of nostalgia. He remembers every treat, every birthday, every holiday meal like a movies was playing in his head.

When he was in pre-school, one of the teachers brought in a treat for the children. It was like a rice krispie treat, only it had peanut butter and honey.

My son has been begging for those treats for years...and unfortunately, the school teacher has long since left that nursery school.

My son is going to be 21 in 2 weeks and I'd love to make them for him. Does anyone have any ideas or even an actual recipe for something like this?

I also got him a dozen Ninja Turtles....he's never forgotten that I tossed a bunch when I thought he outgrew them. He's a business wizard, but he's still my first baby...

So, any help out here? I'd be much obliged:)

My grandsons like it when I melt chocolate and peanut butter chips together and spread on top of rice krispy treats. Otherwise, just put in some pb with the melted marshmallows.

I've never seen them with honey before...
but I've added peanut butter for part of the butter.

Also frosted with chocolate chips. Yummers!

Thanks to both...I remember the day he brought some of these home. I know there was no chocolate.

They were also very pliable, not like regular rice krispie treats. I'm not even sure if there was any marshmallow in it!

I'd do a google search for the teacher, but I only remember her as Miss Linda!

here's one my kids loved -

* Exported from MasterCook *
PEANUT BUTTER RICE KRISPIES TREATS

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3 T. butter
1 pkg. regular marshmallows -- (10 oz.) (about 40)
or 4 cups. Miniature marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies
1/2 cup peanut butter
Pam

Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows & stir till completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in p.butter, mixing till smooth.
Add Rice Krispies. Stir till well coated.

Using buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly into a 3-qt. rectangular pan coated with pam. Cut into 2 squares when cool.

MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:
In a large bowl, microwave butter & marshmallows and HIGH 2 minutes. Stir to combine. Zap at HIGH 1 min. longer. Stir till smooth. Add cereal. Stir till well coated. Press into pan as directed.

peanut butter & honey rice krispies

Love this sooo easy recipe! Hope your son likes it:chef:

1 cup honey, any kind
1 1/2 cups peanut butter, creamy or crunchy or both!
1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla
1 10 oz. box of Krisp rice cereal

Bring honey to a boil in a large kettle for 1 full minute. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until melted, then add vanilla. Let cool just slightly then add box of cereal. Press into buttered pan. Don't use too big of a pan cause you want them nice & thick. Cool & enjoy!
Tip: I DO add really good Dark chocolate chips, but its best to freeze them first so they won't melt.

Were they sort of heavy? Perhaps they are Indiana University's signature "Special K Chewie" made with rice crispies instead.

6 c. Special K cereal
1 c. peanut butter
1 c. sugar
1 c. corn syrup

Heat the peanut butter, sugar, and corn syrup, stir
until the sugar is dissolved. Put cereal in large mixing bowl.
Add peanut butter mixture and stir well until the cereal is coated.
Drop by tablespoonfull (or larger) on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
Smash down a bit. Allow to cool and firm up.

Thanks to everyone!

I found a recipe when I simply googled peanut butter treat. I made them with honey, vanilla, krispies and peanut butter. I left them in the fridge and went to bed. He discovered them when he came home from work. I discovered a note by the coffee pot the next morning that said "I love you so much!".

Well worth the effort, I'd say.

Back
Top Bottom