Beet and Orange salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
People can be so sweet :) Dh's partner's wife showed up here a few minutes ago with a beautiful orange and beet salad. I'd never thought to pair the two so I'm anxious to see what it tastes like. It's just simply roasted small beets cut into slices, several oranges peeled and sliced, she dressed it all with evoo,lemon salt and pepper and several tab. of fresh chopped mint. It looks wonderful can hardly wait for the lunch bell:LOL:

kadesma

Beet And Orange Salad

That was very nice of her to bring over the salad. I know that I would not like it but everyone has different tastes.

Have a nice day.

Jill and Jolie

We actually serve a very popular salad at the restaurant, using orange supremes, roasted baby golden beets, a spring greens mix, and dressed with a sherry-orange vinagrette. Topped with some very thinly sliced fresh fennel and a couple of roasted spicy pecans. It's a very tasty salad!

college_cook said:
We actually serve a very popular salad at the restaurant, using orange supremes, roasted baby golden beets, a spring greens mix, and dressed with a sherry-orange vinagrette. Topped with some very thinly sliced fresh fennel and a couple of roasted spicy pecans. It's a very tasty salad!

This sounds delicious! Thanks for the great idea. I love beet and orange salad too.

Swann said:
This sounds delicious! Thanks for the great idea. I love beet and orange salad too.
I'll second that! Beetroot and citrus fruits go very well together.
In my memory banks ( somewhat dusty, at times) I have a Mario Batali creation which was something like Bresaola ( slices of air-dried beef); beetroot, lentils, and a honey-citrus dressing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom