What your SS numbers mean

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
I saw this on oprah today. It says the first three numbers of you social security number indicate where you were born, the second two numbers indicate when you were born, and the last four numbers are random. The first three numbers go from the east coast to the west coast so that if you were born in NY your first three numbers would be 095, and if born in California your numbers would be in the 500's. Does your SS number make sense? Mine doesnt according to where I was born and when I was born.

http://www2.oprah.com/tows/slide/200609/20060922/slide_20060922_text_214.jhtml

mine neither, amber. I was born in northern California and my number doesn't start in the 500s. Oprah's a fraud.

And nice try on the subtle method of teasing out all of our SSNs (j/k).

mudbug said:
mine neither, amber. I was born in northern California and my number doesn't start in the 500s. Oprah's a fraud.

And nice try on the subtle method of teasing out all of our SSNs (j/k).

:LOL: mudbug, I wasnt asking for your numbers. Actually it wasnt Oprah that said this, it was a guest on her show named A.J. Jacobs.

The numbers have to do with when your ss# was acquired. For example, my mom got SS#s for my sis and I on the same day, so we're one number apart.
My h was born in So Cal as well and has a number that would link him to back east.

jkath said:
The numbers have to do with when your ss# was acquired. For example, my mom got SS#s for my sis and I on the same day, so we're one number apart.
My h was born in So Cal as well and has a number that would link him to back east.

Thats weird that your husband was born in So Cal and has a number that links him to the east coast, but no more weird than mine, being born on the east coast being linked to the west coast :LOL: How would these numbers for location and birthdate matter if they are not true? It doesnt make much sense:wacko:

Thanks Seven S. I seems it doesnt work for a few that replied on here besides myself. I'll see if others come along saying the same, and if so, I think it's time to email the Oprah show about this.

That is very interesting because I was born in California and the first number of my social security begins with a 5.

I really should watch Oprah more because she is not only interesting and informative but she usually has some great guests.

Thanks for the info and have a great weekend.

Jill and Jolie

My sister and I were born in the same city and state, but yet our numbers (the first three numbers) are different. Our middle two numbers do not correspond to our birthdates.

Interesting. The information on the Oprah show doesn't apply to my number, and the two numbers in the middle have nothing to do with my age or year of birth. The info that you gave the link to, though, is right on the money as far as my SS number is concerned.

When I got SSNs for my children I sent to Wash. D.C. for them. The numbers have the area but not the birth year correct according to your info. My SSN does have the area and birth year; my husband's has the area but not birth year.

My number doesn't seem to have anything to do with where I was born, where I applied, or when I was born, or when I applied. It looks like the way the numbers were given has been changed at least a couple of times. My children applied in the same place and their numbers aren't anything like mine or their dad's. I know you can tell a lot about a person from their drivers' license, but don't remember how that goes.

:mad: Well, my mother has some serious explaining to do, hmph! My middle numbers are 78, meaning I am 2 years younger than led to believe! So, I am not 30 for two more years. Oh yeah, she's in serious trouble for putting me through all this 30's crap! haha! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom