hi fr Fl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barbie27

Assistant Cook
Hi Everyone-
This is my first time so I don't know exactly what to talk about, but I do
love food and cooking. I am a widow and cooking for one(not counting the cats) and will be looking for recipes that can be made in small amounts or are good for one person. Will just sit and watch for awhile and see where this goes.

Barbie 27

Barbie welcome to DC. You will learn lots of things including some great receipes from our wonderful chefs and cooks.

Happy Saturday.

Jill And Jolie

Hi Barbie! So nice you've found us!
Do keep in mind that besides sharing amazingly wonderful recipes, there are folks here from all over the world who like to chit chat about all sorts of things too :) PS - tell us about your cats!

Hi Barbie! I have a special place in my heart for widows because many of us will be in your shoes someday. I don't know about recipes for one because I'm new here myself, but I hope you find what you're looking for. Welcome to DC! You will find not only recipes here, but friends as well. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Anne

Hi Barbie from Aussie Land, I hope you get to love this site as much as the rest of us, its great, swapping recipies, talking about cooking problems, or just finding new ways in cooking, its all here, and yes, Please tell us about your cats, I have 3, and I love them all, we can even learn about new foods to feed our precious animals, my cats and dogs love new foods, I guess I am just lucky.
See you 4 now SpiritWolf.

I hope this is who I think it is. I've been waiting to see you post and hope you love it as much as I do. I would like to make Gretchen's pulled pork and have a bunch of us get together. Glad you are here and Welcome!

Ciao Barbie, welcome to DC!! Glad that you have found us, hope you will enjoy our forum as much as all of us do!! We all love to share our ideas, recipes, and above all loads of fun, so don't be shy and jump right in!!:)

Hi fr Fl

Want to thank all off you for the great welcome. Looking forward to getting to know you better and get some great cooking ideas. As I said I just cook for myself now, but refuse to go the micro dinner route very often. Still cook from scratch, but it is hard finding recipes you can either cut down or make only smaller portions, and they still taste right.
Some of you asked about my cats. I have 2- Tawny an 8 yr old tortoise shell and Spooky a black 12 year old. They are my children now that mine aren't home any more. Tawny talks to me all day long and wants to be wherever I am. Spooky lives up to her name -hears an airplane, the vaccum or whatever and heads under the bed in the spre room. A real spook.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom