What's For Dinner Tuesday, 9/26/06?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
axeldbljumps said:
Boy, I'm feeling inept when I see what you all are cooking. Very impressive!
We eat cereal for dinner at least once a week in this house, that's the day I usually don't post in the dinner thread.:LOL:

kadesma, your dinner sounds great! What's new, right? How did you cook the filets? I never thought to pair that with that type of sauce but I'm sure was wonderful. I make a sauce very similar but toss it with pasta and shaved gruyere. Sometimes I make the sauce and just spoon it over crostini with goat cheese. Did you use sweet or dry marsala?

Sorry, I know it's my third post in this thread but I must confess - after all was said and done I changed things up at the end. I guess you could say I "Vietnamesed it up" a bit. Everything was a bit spicy so I added a bit more soy sauce to the noodles (they got a little dry too sitting there) and some fresh lime juice and chopped fresh cilantro. That gave it a nice brightness against all that spice.

Last edited:
corazon90 said:
We eat cereal for dinner at least once a week in this house, that's the day I usually don't post in the dinner thread.:LOL:

kadesma, your dinner sounds great! What's new, right? How did you cook the filets? I never thought to pair that with that type of sauce but I'm sure was wonderful. I make a sauce very similar but toss it with pasta and shaved gruyere. Sometimes I make the sauce and just spoon it over crostini with goat cheese. Did you use sweet or dry marsala?
Cora,
my family are the mushroom kings so any chance they get it's mushrooms over anything:wacko: I just did the filets in a cast iron skillet, got it super hot sprinkled it with salt and put in the steaks, left them for about 2 minutes and turned and then left them for 2 min for me 3 for dh and kids...I just saute my mushrooms in a little butter and evoo til the mushrooms get that light brown look to them, I then add just a little crushed garlic stir it several minutes, take the pan off the heat and add a sweet marsala, put it back on the heat and let it start to reduce, lowering the heat a little I just add a little cream to the skillet when it gets where I want it I add a pat of butter and then spoon this over the meat..My kids even have spooned it over the twiced baked potatoes and the meat:LOL:
If you have time and want the sauce to look fancy over the meat, I just sprinkle it with some freshly chopped Italian parsley, kind of gives it a boost.
kadesma

I was "cookie" at work today so Ken very sweetly BBQed steak and we had some potatoes and green salad to go with. Very filling. Oh yes, and more apple pie for dessert! I think we finished that one off, French Apple cake is next up.

Wow! Thanks kadesma! I will put this on my "to do list." We had something similar (thought without mushrooms) in Geneva. We got were on our way to Spain but do to delays and more delays we kept getting rerouted and eventually "stuck" in Geneva for a night. We didn't speak french but went to this restaurant and luckily one of the waiters spoke Spainish. phew! They only had one thing on the menu. It was a delicious steak in a creamy sauce (looking back thought, I don't think it had marsala in it) and a huge pile of matchstick potatoes. It was one of the best meals I've ever had! I'd love to replicate it but I don't even know what it was called.

Alix said:
I was "cookie" at work today so Ken very sweetly BBQed steak and we had some potatoes and green salad to go with. Very filling. Oh yes, and more apple pie for dessert! I think we finished that one off, French Apple cake is next up.

Hope you enjoy you're apple cake tomorrow Alix!

i found another package of hot italian turkey sausage in the fridge, so i went out to the garden for some tomatoes and peppers, and i made sausage and peppers again. it was delish.
thinking about the "comfort foods" thread, i'll bet this is going to be one of my boy's comfort foods. he wolfed down 2 whole sausages after turning his nose up to the 6 or 7 things that dw made him. it makes her crazy when he doesn't eat, so i was finally able to go back to def-con 2 in our house after he had my sausage and peppers.

Well, husband, who lives & breathes ice hockey (both watching & playing), had a hockey game to play in last night so wouldn't be dining home.

Feeling carniverous, I picked up a really nice, thin, chuck steak for myself & marinated it all day in extra-virgin olive oil, soy sauce, dry sherry, & lots of chopped fresh garlic. I then just quickly seared it to the "very rare" stage on my cast-iron grill pan & enjoyed it with some lightly smashed, heavily buttered baby fingerling potatoes, & some creamed spinach (FROZEN spinach, of course - lol!!!!).

we had steamed brussel sprouts, buffalo flavored grilled chicken breast
sandwhiches, and onion rings. the grilled chicken sandwhich is one of
our favorites. the kids had left over vegi pizza.

it was our turn to make the sack dinner for the volleyball team after
the games for the bus ride home. 24 dinners

nothing fancy turkey sandwhiches, grapes, chips, and cup cakes. we also
provided the water for the games and the ride home. 3 coolers full of goodies. never thought freshman girls could eat and drink so much.
my daughter didn't even play she has already played more games than
the others on the team. so we did not get to see her play.:( i do think
she still has 3 more to play :-p unless they go to the play off than there
will be more:ROFLMAO:

when she got home she said the girls said your mom made the best dinner
we have yet so far.:rolleyes: i did nothing special i think the other mom's
do not take the time to add in seperate bags the fixings to put on the
sandwhiches. i hate a soggy sandwhiches

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom