Microwave trouble.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn L.

Master Chef
I went to use my microwave to heat some water. Everything seemed OK. When I went to take it out, the water was still cold. It is a GE above the stove model. I went on the web and found very scary information about these over the stove microwaves. There have been a lot of fires in them even when they are not being used. Ours is 3 years old. My husbands friend is a fireman, so Jack asked him about it yesterday and he agreed. What have you heard? There have been other makes that have been recalled for this problem too. I just don't know what to buy now to replace it. ( We unplugged it right away ).

Jo Ann

I don't think you will have any trouble finding a new Microwave. Go on the internet and research out the different types of Microwaves.

I happen to have a Quasar and it has been great for me.

It sounds like you did the right thing JoAnn - after reading some comments on one site on the net this doesn't seem to be uncommon with GE. It also doesn't appear they are going to do anything about it as they state in almost every case "they have never heard of anything like this happening". I would assume the only recourse is a class action suit, which may be the only way to get their attention.

I, personally, don't like conflict in my life and would count my blessings there was no fire as in the other instances. :flowers:

Just to let you know that my HB and I went out this morning and got a new microwave oven. It is also an over the stove model. Hope we have better luck with this one. We got a Maytag. Even if we had gotten the old one fixed I would never have felt comfortable, and goodness knows how much it would have cost to repair it. :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom