Freezing an "Apple Cake"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrskeegin

Assistant Cook
Freezing an "Apple Cake"

Just picked a ton of apples at an apple farm, found a great recipe for a "High Country Apple Cake" that's similar to a spice cake maybe. How best/How long should I freeze it - and further - how should I warm it back up when it's time to serve it?

Cakes freeze great, Mrskeegin. Just be sure to wrap it well, and put in some kind of box so it doesn't get crushed. When you're ready to use it, just set it out on the counter to thaw.
I'd slice it into individual slices, cover loosely with a sheet of waxed paper, and reheat in the microwave.

Hi MrsKeegin ~ I freeze apple cake and it comes out fine. Follow what Constance says. I wrap my cake in plastic wrap and then in foil. Putting it in a box or plastic container is good for protection, but not necessary if you have a shelf or area in your freezer where the cake won't get smashed by other things. Like Constance advises, defrost the cake at room temperature. I do not microwave slices unless they are still a bit frostie.
Would you be willing to share your recipe with us?

When it's copmpletely cooled,double wrap it tightly in plastic wrap then wrap it again in foil and freeze.

After defrosting, you can heat the whole thing or slices in the microwave.

Back
Top Bottom