Dinner october 5th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a stinking cold, feel grim and the weather is grim too. I have also managed to give the cold to my mother, with whom I am staying and I am meant to be taking care of her as she had an operation last week. So, it will be hot but I think it will have to come out of the freezer. Beef pie most likely, with some spinach and maybe mashed butter nut.

I am going to make sure I kill my cold with lots of hot toddies though. make a mean toddy! I always heat the lemon juice with the honey instead of adding them to the water cold, and the whiskey, even if it is beautiful single malt, which it will be tonight! I can't taaste it, but I'll know its good, lol!

our beef roast.. it's waiting in the fridge for three days now.. must see, wich vegetables we have.. and fresh potatoes with it..
my parents come for dinner

It's 85 here today so I think we're going to have sandwiches and chips. Maybe some good ol' chicken noodle or tomato soup. I just don't want to heat up the kitchen.

Leftover pizza.

Then it's the start of a major weekend undertaking to finish painting the living room. Then we'll move on to new baseboard moldings and a new picture molding with rope lighting up top. (Taking tomorrow off of work, so it'll be 3 days of home repair!)

John

Not a low-cholesterol number:

Roquefort and walnut salad with lettuce hearts
Cerdo ibérico (hard to describe - free-range pork I guess) in a green peppercorn sauce with courgettes and new potatoes
Bakewell pudding

It was my partner's birthday and our 25th anniversary yesterday, so we're having a few days of death-defying celebration. Way too much butter, cream, eggs and meat for a long life, but we don't do it that often... Only seven days a week!

By the way, sorry to hear you're poorly, lulu. Your 'remedy' sounds much like mine. Hope you get better soon, but by the sounds of it you might need quite a few toddies!

Last edited:
Persian food cooked by our good Persain friends.
Can't wait to see what they make tonight. I do know it will include eggplant and garlic, rice and meat. Yummmmy!

Grilled burgers, with hot pepper cheese, sliced tomatoes, onions and oven fries, - dessert --- molasses cookies I just baked. :)

I have no clue yet. I subbed in 2 1st grade classes today & forgot to get anything out of the freezer before I left this morning. Now the smell of the popcorn that my son just burnt in the microwave is making me too sick to even think about supper.

Tonight I'll make mac and cheese (actually, it'll be penne and cheese) and a big spinach salad with gorgonzola, dried crans, pecans and an array of veggies. Dessert will be apple frangipane galettes. I was making them this afternoon to find mealy old apples, so dh is going to bring some home tonight. Happy eating!

After a rather emotional afternoon:cry: , I came home to find out poor Jimmy would be working late again:( .So dinner for me was a hot fudge Sundae with all the fixings:pig: -I have a stomachache now:sick: but, boy I enjoyed every bite!!!!:-p
LOVE and ENERGY,Vicki

PS I think I'll have a little peppermint schnapps to help with the stomach ache- whatcha think??:brows:

PS I think I'll have a little peppermint schnapps to help with the stomach ache- whatcha think??:brows:[/quote]

For medicinal purposes, of course! :rolleyes:

VickiQ said:
After a rather emotional afternoon:cry: , I came home to find out poor Jimmy would be working late again:( .So dinner for me was a hot fudge Sundae with all the fixings:pig: -I have a stomachache now:sick: but, boy I enjoyed every bite!!!!:-p
LOVE and ENERGY,Vicki

PS I think I'll have a little peppermint schnapps to help with the stomach ache- whatcha think??:brows:
mmmm I love hot fudge sundays vicki! Go for the schnapps if it helps with stomach aches :clap:

I made lasagna tonight. Made the noodles, and made the sauce from my garden tomatoes, it was great.

Tonight I'm having the scallops I passed by last night (butter, olive oil, ww, garlic, S&P) , w/ leftover sweet potatoes (fried after the scallops leave the pan), and peas sauteed w/ shallots in butter, ww, S&P.

Back
Top Bottom