San Francisco Cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TexanFrench

Senior Cook
Hello,

Just thought you all might like to check out this interesting on-line resource.

http://www.sfgate.com/foodat20/

This offers recipes selected as "the best" of 20 years of cooking columns in the San Francisco Chronicle. As you might expect, food in Northern California offers a blend of traditions: Mexican, Asian, Mediterranean, and down-home U.S.A. (Some folks think that the Chronicle has the best food section of any U.S. newspaper.)

Have fun!

:chef:

TexanFrench said:
Some folks think that the Chronicle has the best food section of any U.S. newspaper.
:chef:

Never paid much attention to the Cronicle food section, but I believe San Francisco has the best food in the country.

When I plan a trip to SF, I schedule restaurants just like I would any other tourist attraction. For instance, my last trip, Ana Mandara was scheduled for 10 p.m. on Saturday night, after the New Years parade. Next trip, Dotties and the new, supposedly improved Sears Fine Foods will be on the schedule for breakfast, the Zuni Cafe and Fog City Diner for lunch, and AsiaSF for dinner, drinks, and dancing. I was extremely impressed with Ana Mandara, so I will most likely have dinner there again next trip.

thanks for the link, texasfrench.

my first thought was, "what a treat"!, but it's more than just rice. :)

{{singing advertising ditty}}

"rice-a-rooooni. the san francisco treat!"

i really did like the link. sf has such a diverse ethnic history, with heavy asian influences, that the food's gotta be good!

You guys should check out 86 Recipes - San Francisco Edition. It's a collection of recipes from 86 amazing restaurants in the SF area. It has all the best SF food :)

I vote for the Chicago Tribune as the best food section newspaper - ever!! And I took the Chronicle for years.

This is a great site and the white chili - 95?92? - is really good!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom