Birthday party toast help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fawn

Cook
Can anyone help , i have to give a speech to my cousin who's having her 18th birthday. I have to give a toast. I"m not good in words, can anyone help enhance what i have in mind
icon_biggrin.gif

Here's what i'm planning on saying:
- not only is she a genius, she's very good in academics, but also a fast learner in sports
- used to by my swimming buddy, but no wthat she's busy with school (pre-med), we seldom get the chance to swim together
- my food critic. I let her be my guinea pig

Here's her background:
- my cousin, studying pre-med ()maybe a punchline regarding free consulation once she finished her degree)
- we occasionally see each other, just on family reunions (w/c is around 4-5x/ year)

I hope someone can help me

thanks for the time reading
icon_smile.gif

fawn, sounds like a lot of various stuff to get into a single toast.

I would just say whatever comes from your heart - even the clumsiest accolades are better than something "canned". What is it about this cousin that you like/love? Say those things. Can you tell a story that kind of describes her in a nutshell? Tell that story.

good luck.

fawn said:
Can anyone help , i have to give a speech to my cousin who's having her 18th birthday. I have to give a toast. I"m not good in words, can anyone help enhance what i have in mind
icon_biggrin.gif

Here's what i'm planning on saying:
- not only is she a genius, she's very good in academics, but also a fast learner in sports
- used to by my swimming buddy, but no wthat she's busy with school (pre-med), we seldom get the chance to swim together
- my food critic. I let her be my guinea pig

Here's her background:
- my cousin, studying pre-med ()maybe a punchline regarding free consulation once she finished her degree)
- we occasionally see each other, just on family reunions (w/c is around 4-5x/ year)

I hope someone can help me

thanks for the time reading
icon_smile.gif

I'd like to make a toast to my friend (name). We have such a rich history it's hard to talk about everything that is dear to me about her. So at this time I would like to wish her a rich, successful life with many wonderful suprises along the way....oh, and for all those wonderful meals you let me test out on you??? (wink wink) - is that ONE meal equals one FREE visit to Dr. (name) or is that one FREE visit for each course served?

mudbug's right though - something from the heart will flow much better.

I'd like to come prepared (and dont' want some pausing moments) when i deliver the "speech" LOL, for i'm not fluent in english. :D kitchenelf that is a nice speech (and funny too). I'll study what you wrote. Thanks!! :)

Back
Top Bottom