TGI Monday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

attie

Sous Chef
Well, I've had a dreadful weekend and I'm so pleased Monday has arrived so's I can have a day off.
Thursday :- Started cutting fish for Friday and had about 300 pieces in the prep fridge ready to go. Decided to make the meat patties and diced a container of onions for them and put it in the fridge but didn't seal it [first mistake] Every time someone opened the fridge door I could smell onions, then it clicked, yep!, I'd polluted the fish. Not real bad, but I could taste it.
Friday :- The FOH girl was having a slackie for the evening session, customers were getting impatient and I was getting cranky, like real cranky.
Saturday :- Someone phoned an order in at 5.30pm from a mobile [cell] phone but didn't terminate the call at their end. This locked the system and blocked my incoming calls until we got it unblocked at 8pm, sales were down 50%
Sunday :- When I take a phone order I repeat it to the customer to check it. Someone placed an order for 4 grilled Coral Trout [the most expensive fish we have] amongst other things. When his wife turned up she claimed he had ordered crumbed, not grilled. She started abusing the FOH girl and by this time I'd had enough so I suggested she place the order next time. That fairly got her going, she told me what I could do with the order :rolleyes: and stormed out, bugger, so we had grilled Coral Trout for dinner, it was nice to.
Never mind, atleast it kept me on my toes.

Last edited:
Whoa, Attie, sounds like you earned your Monday. Bet you thought things couldn't get worse...and then they did. On the good side, things could've only gone up from there. Best wishes to you and enjoy your Monday!:) :) :)

i hate mondays,it means i hav eto go back to college in the morning.give me a satuday nite anyday.but u cartanly earned yours,have a good one

We're still Sunday here and so far (knock wood) so good. Tomorrow is a holiday for us and I will be spending the day with family and friends. Here's wishing you a stress-less week. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom