Stir fry/ fried rice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vilasman

Senior Cook
I think I am going to make Beef and broccoli stir fry for dinner. I have hoisin sauce, and my wok, and the beef is already cut to an appropriate size, I tried to make this before, anyone have any tips on putting it together?

I would marinate the beef in a bit of soy sauce, crushed garlic, ginger and a bit of cornstarch. Mix it together before you add the beef. I would cook the broccoli first, (here is where I would add onions) then add the beef, you can remove the garlic and ginger if you want. Beef just begs to be cooked with onions! When almost cooked add the hoisin and a bit of cornstarch solution to thicken. Serve over rice. Sounds good. Cornstarch solution is 1 cornstarch to 2 H2O. I like to add several drops of sesame oil to the finished product but I love the stuff and any excuse to use it.....

I also tried to make this dish, and when I started to use oystersauce, it came out very good (plus the other ingrediense above). Fry oystersauce with the beef, add some sugar, black pepper and dark soysauce to bring out the rich, full flavor of the sauce.
I also use some carrots, for an extra crunch.

Back
Top Bottom