Soup with Whale Tails Tortilla Chips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickraszewski

Assistant Cook
I added a great new organic tortilla chip that I purchased at Whole Foods Markets and created this version of the old favorite tortilla soup.

2 teaspoons Green Pepper Sauce divided
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup chicken broth
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon uncooked rice
½ large tomato chopped
½ cup chopped onion
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
Whale Tails Tortilla Chips (they are seasoned with Alaea Hawaiian Sea Salt, rich in Trace Minerals and lower in sodium. Also they are non GMO with no Trans Fat)
¼ cup shredded hard Cheese
1 large ripe avocado

Mash the avocado pulp and mix in half the Green Pepper sauce and salt. Blend well.
Heat chicken broth, bringing it to a boil and add the chicken breast halves, cook on simmer heat till the chicken is done. Remove the chicken pieces, and add the rice, cooking till the rice is also done. Then put the chicken pieces back into the soup. Add the tomatoes, cilantro, onions and the remaining sauce just before serving.

While serving the soup, try to make it bowl service. First crush a handful of Whale Tails Tortilla chips at the bottom of each bowl, pour in the soup then top off with grated cheese and one spoon each of the avocado mix.

Another interesting trick will be to add potatoes and green peppers to the chicken broth while cooking and the final touch is to add a few crispy Whale Tails Tortilla Chips to grace the soup and make this a fun warm lunch time treat for your kids.

My kids love the taste of these new tortilla chips that are actually shaped like a Whale's Tail and 10 percent of my purchase of Whale Tails Tortilla Chips helps to fund marine conservation. This recipe is an easy and tasty way for the whole family to get involved.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom