Emerilware everyday pan - anyone ever use it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a VERY similar pan by Calphalon - I use it enough but I think mine was free if I bought so many $$$ in other stuff. If I had to actually pay for it I think I use it enough to justify the cost. I like the nonstick surface and the size for making big fat frittatas.

I don't have the everyday pan, but I do have several Emerilware nonstick pans and they have been very nice to cook with. Mine are 4-1/2 years old and still look like new. I do not use metal utensils, nor do I put any of them in the dishwasher, but other than that I don't baby them, and they seem to hold up quite well.

The Calphalon everyday pan is cheap on Amazon. I gave it to all my kids for Christmas a couple of years ago. It is a great shape--would do for a paella pan.

I have mostly All Clad LTD now, I wander should I get the All Clad braiser instead? I really like the Emeril non stick feature...

jc9394 said:
I have mostly All Clad LTD now, I wander should I get the All Clad braiser instead? I really like the Emeril non stick feature...

If you like the Emerilware, buy it. It's OK if all your stuff is not from the same product line.

I have been trying to avoid purchasing non-stick cookware, because I do alot of things involving high-heat, and have had repeated frustration with the coating flaking into my food. Always remember when using nonstickpands to be really careful about using them with proper temps and properly cleaning them.

There are some very good non-stick coatings available--definitely not the Silverstone kind sold in the supermarket. The other problem with the high heat and non-stick is that you shouldn't heat the pan without something in it. It is that kind of high heat that is particularly bad. With food in it, it isn't as likely to get to its destruct temp.

I use plenty of heat on my Emerilware.... as Gretchen says, just not on an empty pan. I add oil fairly early so that there is always something to take the heat, but I often sear on high when cooking pork chops, blackening fish etc. After 4-1/2 years my most often used saute pan is still going strong with no damage to the non-stick coating. :chef:

I DO have Emerilware SS Cookware, but not that particular item.

First time seeing it in the anodized aluminum format. I've seen it in stainless steel though.

I got a bargain from the clearance shelf at BB&B in the form of a Calphalon SS one. Use it all the time. Cleans up great, and you can put the lid in the dishwasher.

Yeah, I found lots of things at BBB than I found anywhere else!!

I'm about to go out there tomorrow and buy a large wooden cutting board if they have them. I think they do.

They do, Corey. All you need to decide on is the size and shape. Don't forget your 20% off coupon - I have a dozen or so in my purse at all times, just in case. They never expire, no matter what it says on them.

Wish they sold stoves. We need a new one.

Don't have a 20% off coupon, but I'll ask about it when I get over there.

I just have to try to stay away from the bowls because if I see one or more that I think I might like, I'll end up buying them!! I'm a bowl freak!!!

The Calphalon everyday pan is nice--I gave several for Christmas a couple of years ago. They regularly go on sale at AMazon--this past Friday they were $24.95--and might still be there.
I'm pretty sure the Calphalon is a metal lid.

Gretchen, the one I have has a glass lid, which I like. I paid considerably more than roughly $25 (more like $40 or $50 - can't remember), but still believe I got a good price.

I am sure you are correct--it's been a long time since I looked at it. But if the other person looking for one is watching, he/she should take a look at Amazon. Free shipping.

Depending on how it's delivered, and so far, they send out stuff via USPS, not UPS, which I friggen hate getting stuff through!! Chefscatalog.com sends everything via UPS, and I hate that!! You're stuck home all day waiting and watching for the truck to come out!!!:mad:

Too much of a pain in the butt unless I can catch the truck on my street or in my area during the day!!:ermm:

The bell won't work half the time and the package ends up going back on the truck, then a notice is left, then I gotta call the 800 number to have the package taken off the truck, then go over to the UPS place across town the next day!!! And even then, their business hours are very limited, as they are only open from 12 noon to 8pm, so I'm forced to wait until a Friday to go over their because of my work schedule!! :mad:

UPS is just too much of a **** hassle trying to get stuff delivered!!!:mad:

USPS (United States Postal Service) on the other hand, delivers stuff whether you are home or not, so you'll get the stuff either way.:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom