Shipping brownies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maylady2

Assistant Cook
Anyone ever do this? Ship brownies by US mail? I know a safe way to ship cookies is to use a clean Pringles potato chip can, but i haven't come across a ' safe ' way to ship brownies. Any ideas or experience?

I wrap them separately in wax paper, put them in ziplocks and wrap all the ziplocks with bubble wrap.

You can mail them here for me to check out your packaging. :whistling :LOL:

I'd use a heavy plastic box/with lid

Put a layer of brownies and then a piece of wax paper
and then a piece of cardboard and then another layer of brownies.

Then put the whole thing in another box and wrap for
(overnight)
mailing.

Buy a plastic shoebox from your local dollar store. Wrap each brownie in plastic wrap and separate the layers of brownies with cardboard as pdswife instructed. Tape the lid on the box securely.

Put the box of brownies in another box with at least 4 inches of room all around. Fill with packing "peanuts" or popped corn. Send to me. Half Baked just told me she didn't want them.:rolleyes:

We had sons in the military overseas that we sent baked goodies to all the time and they always arrived safely. Best of luck.

I sent brownies using the pringle can only cutting them into round brownies that fit in the can. nephew was in a bradley tank all the time not much room for boxes, pringle cans worked great fit into his backpack great. save the scraps and put ontop of vanila ice cream and hot fudge sauce for brownie sundae.

I find that Brownies are VERY sturdy. I cut them and arrange them in a rectangle on an aluminum-foil covered cardboard and then wrapthe whole thing in heavy duty foil. My favorite way to ship them is in one of those US Mail Priority Boxes. I stuff styrofoam peanuts or bubble wrap in the empty parts of the box.

I cannot imagine wrapping each brownie individually. My brownies are only 1 inch square. I like to keep them small, for mini-snacks! :) :angel:

lol June....Mine a big. Especially when wrapping them individually. I used to send boxes and boxes to my boys.

ChefJune said:
I cannot imagine wrapping each brownie individually. My brownies are only 1 inch square. I like to keep them small, for mini-snacks! :) :angel:

What is this 'mini-snack' of which you speak? :ROFLMAO:

thanks y'all for these tips. I thought perhaps a 13X9" or and 8 or 9" square foil pan and stacking with cardboard to separate layers. Then foil to hold everything in, then a round of bubble wrap or something of that sort. then a heavy duty cardboard shipping box. Think that will do it?

pdswife said:
1 inch! I'd have to eat 16 of them!!!
Well, you CAN eat 16 if you want, but you also can choose just one or two and not feel "deprived," or "guilty!"

When I sold brownies to a deli in Boston, I cut them in 2-inch squares, but that was the only time. My mom always cut hers small, saying you can have as many as you can eat... and I picked right up on that. I tend to feel "guilty" if I eat FOUR small ones! :rolleyes:

Truth is, scientists have studied how much dessert we need to feel satisfied, and the amount is approximately THREE BITES of anything.... so, small portions make the best sense, rather than giving someone a large portion and expect them to cut it down, give them a small portion and take seconds...

I think you got that wrong ChefJune.....three BOWLS rather than bites surely ;) ROFL

I don't make mega shipments but I like to go with an inexpensive thermal bag. They come in all makes, sizes and colors. They fit nicely into shipping cartons with a little newspaper to keep them from rocking around during shipment.

I buy plastic storeage containers for shipping non-food stuff. I tape the lid down and wrap it with brown paper.

I also like to put little Knic/Knac gifts in my packages. Sometimes there is a joke in there too.

I had a relative who left a beloved flipflop behind and asked me to send it. What was the challenge in putting it in a brown envelope and mailing it?
I noticed various items left behind by other guest as well. (pj pants, t-shirt, ball cap, cell phone charger, pr earrings) I put all these items in a container and mailed it to her with a list of the other people and their addresses. She could mail each person their stuff or mail all the stuff to the next person on the list and cross them off. Just to say, everybody mailed a package because she accidentally put her flipflop in the box!

Hi,

I just saw this post - I know it's really old! But I'm wondering (if any of you are still active) how long your brownies last when shipped like this. I'm sending some from NYC to my fiance in Brazil! And it can sometimes take up to a MONTH to receive packages there ... do you think the brownies will still be good?

Thanks so much!

My guess is they'll be a bit stale, but still fine to eat. There's enough sugar in there to act as quite the preservative!

Haven't shipped brownies that took that long to get there since the Viet Nam days, but that was usually the case then, as well.

Back
Top Bottom