Happy Friday the 13th!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Half Baked

Executive Chef
How's everyone's day going, so far?
flick_flex.gif

friday-thirteenth-ch.jpg

WE woke up to a power failure and decided to go out for breakfast. Had to drive into NH to eat.

It is a true Friday 13th for Buffalo. 22" of snow and blackouts....holy cow!

The day started with the first frost of the season. Now it's about 50 degrees F. The forecast is for about 70 degrees F:cool: . The sky is the most beautiful blue and the sun is shining brightly. Not a breeze to be had. Gorgeous day!

I only remember one bad Friday the 13th and that's cause I had to work while I had an ear infection. I love Friday the 13ths.

So far so good. I've only been out of bed for about 5 minutes though. lol

hmm...Aidan has been acting a little crazier than usual today :wacko:

dh is working (he's a firefighter/emt). I wonder if his day will be busier since it's Friday the 13th. Maybe people will be doing alot of silly things tonight, teenagers especially. I hope dh gets some sleep tonight.

corazon90 said:

dh is working (he's a firefighter/emt). I wonder if his day will be busier since it's Friday the 13th. Maybe people will be doing alot of silly things tonight, teenagers especially. I hope dh gets some sleep tonight.

I hadn't even thought about people doing stupid things that require police/emt/firefighters. Geez, that's idiotic. I was teasing about bad luck! I must live in a bubble world.

Well, mine is ending in this part of the world and I must say, it's been a lovely day overall. Brilliant, breathtaking autumn weather and I got to spend part of it outdoors and outside of the deep city.

Hope everybody's today goes as well as mine has.

Everything here is great! Other than the fact the I woke up at 5:30 this morning thinking it was 6:30 & started to get the kids up for school!:ohmy::LOL: Luckly I realized my blunder before I woke them up. I'm really hyper today too for some reason.

I have always looked at Friday the 13th as lucky for me and mine. Woke up this morning to cuddle a black cat (is supposed to be lucky if the cat thinks of you as theirs, lol!) and just did the ordinary things I always do. To tell the truth, I was hoping that my "Jellybean" would have been born today but oh well!! She had other plans and is thriving....what more could a Grammie ask for?!!!!!

TATTRAT said:
SO far nothing too out of the ordinary, but it is still early!
Ohhhhh.....wellllllll......did you notice the egg on your face?:ROFLMAO:

Katie E said:
The day started with the first frost of the season. Now it's about 50 degrees F. The forecast is for about 70 degrees F:cool: . The sky is the most beautiful blue and the sun is shining brightly. Not a breeze to be had. Gorgeous day!

Same here, Katie! The persimmons are starting to fall from the tree outside my kitchen window, and the deer are really munching down on them, and the squirrels are busy harvesting the black walnuts and acorns.
This sure would be a good weekend to take a drive to the Garden of the Gods.

I usually love Friday the 13ths, but this morning I forgot to watch the oatmeal in the microwave, so it 'exploded' again.
And when I got to school, a textbook feel out of the top shelf of my locker, hit my head, and fell on my foot.
But nothing bad has happened since 7:23 this morning, so I suppose it's been a good day.

corazon90 said:

speaking of firefighters and emts....

http://www.komotv.com/news/story.asp?ID=45960

sadness.....

Paul drove by and saw the fire trucks and the yellow tape this morning.
I'm not sure if our small town police can figure something like this out. I think
they'll have to call in some help.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom