Pomegranate White Tea...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

middie

Chef Extraordinaire
Just wondering if anybody has tried this yet ?
I was at Trader Joe's earlier and saw that.
Was wondering if it's any good ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tried it. The pomegranate white tea was refreshing during the summer time, however I could not drink it all in one sitting. It's a bit on the sweet side. I would usually drink it a third at a time. I did find it a nice alternative to an iced coffee or soda. I'm not a coffee drinker and liked the pomegranate white tea as a way to drink something cool that tasted good. I think I prefer the "Honest tea", iced tea to this.

when i was in Thailand last year, there was a commercial pomegranite green tea that was practically all I drank while I was over there, it was so good. I've tried to duplicate it myself here in the states, but haven't come close.

middie - I have tried all 3 - I think there is White Tea, Black Tea, and Peach? I hit a really low blood sugar at the grocery store one time and downed one of these - too care of it :chef:

Yes, they can be sweet - I think the black tea isn't quite as sweet though - maybe it's just stronger tasting. But the were extremely refreshing. I also went through my craving of straight pomegranate juice and grape juice.

Middie - there are a lot worse things out there to drink - there's some good stuff in these drinks.

Is it to be brewed or is it in a "can"? We are getting a TJ's. WOO HOO!! I think they will have to do as they do at the Louis Vuitton store in Paris--only allow so many people to come in until some leave!!

It's already in a tall skinny glass (perfect for a mojito BTW) with a lid you pop off with your thumbs. In the summer one of the grocery stores I go to keep them in a huge tub of ice - right there when you walk in ready to drink nice and cold - the ultimate in impulse advertising :chef:

Pomegranate is coming up all over. Snapple is making a Peach pomegranate called red tea. GOOD. Today the students brought in a GQ magazine...there was a full page ad with a "sniff" fold. Similar to cologne sniffs in magazine. It is pomegranate champagne. Well designed bottle, red in color of course and the sniff has a nice.....come buy me smell. Pomegranate is the latest fruit to be excellent for us. GB have you heard about it?

I know this is a little off topic, but while talking about how pomegranate is "coming up" I tried Pama, a pomegranate liqeuer I found at the liquor store, and it was really really good. we've tried drinking it straight, with orange juice, and in hot tea, and it hasn't dissapointed yet.

The tea I was asking about about are in tea bags.
I'll take a look Tuesday and see if I can find the one
you're talking about Kitchenelf. Btw thanks guys !

Aesthete, The Ad we noticed in the GQ magazine was for Pama. Ok...it is a liqueuer. Pama is doing a Fantastic Advertising Ad for Magazine. The "smell" strip and the design of the red bottle with a glass and a pomegranate.

Back
Top Bottom