Earthquake in Hawaii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG, I had no idea. My sister is vacationing on Oahu. I just tried calling her cell but there is no answer. Thanks for posting this Barbara.

amber said:
OMG, I had no idea. My sister is vacationing on Oahu. I just tried calling her cell but there is no answer. Thanks for posting this Barbara.
I'll keep your sister in my prayers Amber, as well as anyone else who might have been affected.

Amber, let us know when you hear from your sister, ok?

Barbara

I called my brother in law in CT and my sister has just phoned him saying she is ok, but her cell kept cutting out, so I dont know anything more about what is going on over there. I hope Wasabi is ok too and anyone else from the islands. Hopefully my sister will call later and let us know whats happening over there.

Wasabi I hope you and your family are okay - especially Koapaka - Jolie gives Koapaka a big hug and kiss.

Let us know exactly what is going on.

Wasabi please let us know you are ok and we will be praying for all there.

Wasabi I will be watching till you say you are ok ! :(

Attachments

• columb02.gif
    columb02.gif
    7.3 KB · Views: 113
I'll be waiting to hear from you too wasabi! If I recall where you live you were pretty darn close to the hardest hit area - I hope everyone is ok wasabi - saying a prayer.

IC - you ok??????

...and a fairly new member - love2cook (I think that's close anyway) - we're thinking about you too!

I know we have some others from Hawaii - I hope all is well!

Last edited:
I think the biggest problem for Wasabi now is lack of power. There are no reports of death or major injuries on any of the islands. Significant damage in some areas to homes and businesses as well. CNN is covering it live and continually.

I finally heard from my sister in Oahu about 6pm est ( 12pm Oahu/pacific time). They have no power, but it's still day time so they are hoping to have power back before night falls. They have a radio so they are hearing the news. She mentioned how many stores (so they've heard) are price gouging. They might go out today to get supplies if needed. Oahu has been saturated with rain since September so there is a threat of land slides, moreso than on Hawaii which has been dry, which is good news for anyone in Hawaii. No threats of a sunami thank god!

Oh my word. How did I not hear a thing about this today? I hope everyone is fine.

you allright Ironchef? I don't know which island you're on, but i know you're in Hawaii

Sending good thoughts and prayers for the safety and well being of all our DC family in Hawaii. Wasabi, IC, and all the rest...
kadesma

Lots of prayers and love going to wasabi and her family. Lots of prayers for the rest of the folks on the island also.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom