Hot smoked turkey salad sandwiches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I found a bag of smoked turkey pieces in the freezer yesterday morning, and layed it out without any particular idea of what I was going to do with it. Then I remembered a recipe I'd seen in the new Taste of Home for a chicken sandwich filling that went in a crockpot. That gave me an idea, and here's what I came up with, using what I had on hand.

Hot Smoked Turkey Salad Sandwiches

Ingredients:
About 5 cups chopped smoked turkey
3 oz Velveeta, cubed
6 oz finely shredded cheddar
1 can lowfat cream of mushroom soup
1 can lowfat cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup finely diced onion
pepper
loaf of French bread

Directions:
Combine all ingredients except bread.
Slice bread in half horizontally, and pick the bread out of the middle, leaving a shell about one inch thick.
Cover a baking sheet with foil, place bread-shells on foil and fill generously with turkey filling.
Tent with foil, and bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes, removing the foil the last few minutes. Let stand 5 minutes, slice into serving sized pieces and enjoy!

Note: You could really spice this up if you wanted, or use other combinations of meats and cheeses. Of course, what really made it special was the smoked turkey.

Emmm sounds wonderful Connie, will have to give this one a try and soon:)

kadesma

It is good, Kadesma, but next time I think I'll cut the soup back to one can. It was fine on the French bread, but last night when I used hot dog buns, the buns were a little soggy.

Thanks for the tip Connie, I'll use french bread or big fat Kaiser rools..Should be great.
kadesma:)

Hi Constance: Its a nice recipe you got. But I like it spiced, which is one of your suggestions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom