Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Just wow... (Bears thread) (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/just-wow-bears-thread-28015.html)

college_cook 10-16-2006 11:45 PM

Just wow... (Bears thread)

Anyone else starting to feel like Destiny has grand plans for the Bears this season? If you saw the Bears vs. Cards game on Monday night football, then you know they didn't deserve that win. For those that missed the game:

The Bears trailed 20-0 at halftime, because they had 6 turnovers! Rex had 4 interceptions I think, and 2 fumbles.

During the 2nd half, the Bears outscored the Cards 24-3 ! But that's not even the amazing part. They did it by scoring only defensive touchdowns, and an 83-yard punt return for a touchdown! In the final minute, the Cards had an opportunity to win by kicking a 40-yard field goal. The kicker missed!

It feels like magic, alot like 1985.

ChefJune 10-17-2006 12:10 AM

....shades of Mike Singletary!

GO, BEARS!!!!

luckytrim 10-17-2006 05:59 AM

I had the bears in my office suicide pool this week; I have a personal rule in that I don't pick "AWAY" teams in this pool, but I was so confident that I made the exception;
I went to bed in disgust in the third period after the umpteenth turnover;

imagine my surprise!!!!
I'M ALIVE!!! I'M ALIVE!!

Andy M. 10-17-2006 08:13 AM

The Bears are a very good team! However, they cannot expect to keep winning if they cannot protect the ball.

They are helped a great deal by a very easy schedule. See you on November 26th.

college_cook 10-17-2006 09:56 AM

Is November 26th the Bears vs. Patriots?

Andy M. 10-17-2006 10:21 AM

Yes. You'll be coming to Massachusetts to lose.

ChefJune 10-17-2006 10:29 AM

I can't lose... Those are my two teams!!! :biggrin:

The Z 10-17-2006 10:51 AM

I believe the Bears were exposed last night. The Cardinals moved the ball well on offense before changing their game plan and their defense simply dominated the Bears offense. Even late in the game with everything on the line, the Bears were not able to stop the Cardinals.

college_cook 10-17-2006 10:57 AM

I've never felt the Bears had a particularly strong offense. I don't believe they ever will either. I think something about the Bears' legacy makes coaches want to focus on that killer defense. A great defense is something the Bears have always relied on, and it showed last night. The defense wasn't up to par in the 1st half, and the Cards rolled right over them. In the second half though, the Bears did demonstrate why they are a defense worthy of being relied on so heavily. They just have this magic about them, where they can make things happen against all odds.

As for the Bears offense... well I think it was pretty much all Rex's fault. He's still young, so he'll still make some stupid mistakes here and there, but more than that he needs to be able to regain composure, and get his game in line when things are looking down. Even after halftime yesterday, he wasn't able to set himself straight.

JoAnn L. 10-17-2006 12:59 PM

My husband went to bed early last night, he was sure the Bears would lose.
You should have seen the look on his face when I told him this morning that they won. He was in shock. He didn't believe me until he read it in the paper.:ohmy: