Pumpkin Tiramisu Anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boufa06

Executive Chef
Since I'm saddled with a big quantity of pumpkin after making Kolokithopita yesterday and a packet of Savoiardi sitting in my cupboard for some time, I decided to make Pumpkin Tiramisu today. So after some modifications, this is the end result:

PUMPKIN TIRAMISU
Ingredients:
400gm (1/2lb) Savoiaardi (Italian ladyfingers)
250gm (1/2lb+) Mascarpone cheese
100gm (1/2 cup) pumpkin puree
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract
150gm (1 cup) icing sugar
200ml (1 cup) orange juice
250gm (1/2lb+) heavy cream, whipped and chilled
1/8 cup Frangelico liqueur or rum

Method:
Pour orange juice into a container large enough to dip Savoiardi comfortably. Dip each piece of ladyfinger into the juice quickly (wet the entire surface for a moment but not until it gets soggy all the way through) and lay them neatly in layers at the bottom of a 9" square pan. Pour liqueur over ladyfingers.

Mix Mascarpone with the pumpkin, spices, sugar and extract. Fold in half of the whipped cream and pour over ladyfingers. Gently spread remaining whipped cream on top of mixture. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon. Cover and chill at least two hours or overnight before serving.

Enjoy!

This sounds really good! My only preference would be to use apple cider, perhaps, instead of the orange juice- or some stronger type of cinnamon tea? This is an amazing idea!

-Tim

I expect to come into a very large quantity of pumpkin at the end of the month myself. Does anyone have a reliable way to get out candle wax?

Back
Top Bottom