Pulling my hair out!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I've been using Netscape ever since I've had a computor. I know it's not the best, but I was used to it, and it did have some features I really liked.

That is, until they merged with AOL. Suddenly, I could not access my email.
So I moved all my email to MSN, But I was still using Netscape as a server because all my bookmarks were there...and, as I said, I was used to it.

Then, this morning when I logged on, Netscape would pop off as soon as it came on...wouldn't let me in. I assume it's because the old account that I couldn't access finally timed out because of inactivity.

I went through all kinds of processes...I'm still not sure how I did it, but I got my bookmarks to come up on the mail page, and exported them to MSN. But for some reason, they wouldn't let me come here.

Then I finally downloaded Mozilla, which my husband has been trying to get me to do for ages, got my bookmarks imported to there, page set up, and I'm good to go, for now at least.

Whew!

Congrats. Any time I have to do anything like that, I get the panics. I reckon you can push your hair back in now!

I have AOL and also MSN, Internet Explorer and something else. Maybe you should check with your Internet Company and I am sure they can help you out.

Whenever I have a problem I phone AOL and they usually fix it.

Have a great day.

mozillia Firefox fan here. It is so much better than any other browser I have ever used.

Connie, as long as things are up and running, that's a good sign. I've always had problems with ie be it aol, netscape, netzero - until I switched to high speed wireless and went with sbc. I downloaded Firefox and Mozilla, but with ie, the system couldn't figure out what to use where to go -- unless you change your settings. Suggestion, try downloading (free) Ccleaner from tucows, delete cookies & defrag/perform regular maintanence. Make a backup first.

Last edited:
defrag

I deleted cookies last week, but I haven't defragged in a long time. Thanks for reminding me, Mish. I won't have to download anything...I can do that with what I have.

I've also been going through my programs and removing some I never use.

My husband's PC spit out the bits last Thursday. I'm not sure what happened, except a blue screen came up that said, basically, "Rest in Peace". It got a lot of rough use when our grandson was living with us, doing lots of online gaming and going to sites he shouldn't have.
Kim got on the phone, and his new Dell arrived Monday...the newest and the bestest. He's happy a hog wallerin in a slop trough.

By the way, I've used my Windows XP laptop so much that the letters are worn off some of the keys.

Last edited:
Constance said:
I deleted cookies last week, but I haven't defragged in a long time. Thanks for reminding me, Mish. I won't have to download anything...I can do that with what I have.

I've also been going through my programs and removing some I never use.

My husband's PC spit out the bits last Thursday. I'm not sure what happened, except a blue screen came up that said, basically, "Rest in Peace". It got a lot of rough use when our grandson was living with us, doing lots of online gaming and going to sites he shouldn't have.
Kim got on the phone, and his new Dell arrived Monday...the newest and the bestest. He's happy a hog wallerin in a slop trough.

By the way, I've used my Windows XP laptop so much that the letters are worn off some of the keys.

Yeah, my laptop delete key is worn out, HA!

Try this - it will do it all:

http://www.download.com/3000-2144_4-10315544.html

I also run ad-aware and spybot - free download at tucows.

Last edited:
adware & spybot

Mish, I have those, and haven't run either for a long time. Thanks for the other download...I'll give it a try.
I guess it time to give my PC a good cleaning out. :ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom