Sunday 22nd October!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
Its a horrid wet blah day. Difficult to be inspired as nothing special happening.

we had a chicken roasted with garlic, lemon, orange and thyme. I squeeszed the juice over the bird and between the brest skin and muscle then filled the cavity with the juiced segments, some thyme and garlic. We had him with rice cooked in stock and white wine, steamed carrots and broccoli and some flagolet beans.

Then we had an apple pie....I used bought puff pastry from the freezer, but I should have just made a shortcrust, lol, pastry was soggy. To make up for that I made a butter scotch sauce to serve alongside the pie and some cream.

We are having a light fresh tomato soup for supper....one I used to make as a student and was just reminded of. Anyone still hungry can have leftovers from lunch :)

Cooler and windy here today. I don't know if the sun's going to show itself. Looks like fall, for sure.

We're having braised lamb chops with tomatoes and red wine, couscous and some green vegetable to be determined.

I just threw in some Chicken leg quarters in the oven for BBQ Chicken. Green Beans and Roasted Garlic Potatoes

Last edited:
Chilly and drizzly here too.

I made Split Pea Soup this morning with a new recipe that added dry Sherry....gosh that was good. We had grilled cheese sandwiches with it.

So tonight, we'll either have those leftovers or meatloaf sandwiches with leftovers from Saturday evening.

Last edited:
Dreary cold windy day! We're having meatloaf, baked potatoes, corn, cole slaw and warm bread - cherry cheesecake for dessert.

Very cold and windy today, the high about 41. Brrr.
Tonight its going to be sauerkraut and boneless pork ribs. Mashed potatoes with butter. For dessert it pumpkin cake with home made frosting. :rolleyes:

I guess I am lucky to be here in New England. We are having a beautiful sunny fall day. I made a big pot of chicken stock to freeze. I love to use the chicken from it for my chicken chili for tomorrow. Tonight we will go out for a bite (since I worked so hard!) to a little Italian place in town.

lulu - your roast chicken sounds tasty!

Sunny but cold here today. I think I'm ready for summer already. Yikes!

We'll be having some penne in a light parmesean sauce with broccoli and grilled chicken. Maybe some chopped basil too. I don't know about dessert, I'd like to bake something but we have no flour and no eggs and no chocolate in the house!

I have a beef bracciole cooking in tomatoe sauce, and on the side will be pasta and garlic bread. It's sunny but cool here too, around 48 degrees.

It is a beautiful day in Southern California in the San Fernando Valley.

Going out with a girlfriend for a ride to the beach and then on the way back we were invited over to a friend's for dinner.

I asked Sandy was she was making and it is a Tri Tip Roast with little potatoes, stringbeans with cheese on top and a delicious salad. For desert we are having apple pie with ice cream. She always serves cheeses, crackers and dips and we relax and talk before dinner.

amber said:
I have a beef bracciole cooking in tomatoe sauce, and on the side will be pasta and garlic bread. It's sunny but cool here too, around 48 degrees.

Is this what 'Marie Barrone' makes all the time? I've never had it but they make it sound so good....lol. :LOL: I need to get out more.

btw, it's now about 75 degrees here and split pea soup isn't nearly as appealing as it was this morning with the rain and chill.

Well, after spending 3 hours at the winery, I'm ready for anything... The vintner even opened 2 vintage bottles, one from 1973 and one from 1977. Very unusual tasting, but extremely educational. I'd recommend this winery for anyone in the NY area.

I started a large pot of chicken soup before we left, and that's just about done now. While I prefer chicken noodle, Lou likes chicken rice, so chicken rice it is.
Hot turkey and gravy sandwiches as well.

I still have creme brulee from last night and a few slices of the apple caramel cake left.

The vintner gave us the 1977 cabernet so we may have a glass or two of that before it completely breaks down.

There is no way I want to go to work tomorrow....:neutral:

Miserable Sunday here in Toronto...weather-wise that is...lol
Having leftover chicken soup with kreplach, leftover (1) veal chop with little tom. sauce on top with mozzerella. home fried taters, leftover deelish lemon/parmesan wings and some leftover roasted veggies....good for a rotten day

It's sunny and bright out, but cool for our, sunday family dinner. Today, appys of polenta slices topped with corn salsa,sesame crackers and a soft gorgonzola, also a foccacia and salami for DH, who will not eat blue or gorgonzola cheese..Dinner, my ground chuck and ground pork meatloaf with diced tomaoes,diced onions,red bell peppers,bread,parsley,garlic, worcestershire,mashed potatoes and pork gravy, artichokes with parsley, garlic,butter,evoo, salt and pepper.warm sliced french bread and butter, and brownies and vanilla ice cream for dessert..Goodness looking at this all written down, we are having quite the dance with the butter today:LOL: Ah well it's sunday..Have a wonderful one everybody.
kadesma:)

Katie E said:
Cooler and windy here today. I don't know if the sun's going to show itself. Looks like fall, for sure.

We're having braised lamb chops with tomatoes and red wine, couscous and some green vegetable to be determined.

Same weather here, Katie. My husband left at 6:30 this morning for Mississippi, to pick up shrimp and oysters. Wish I'd had him drop me off at your place...those lamb chops sound great!

We have had a real quick meal, burgers, fries, a large tossed salad and freshly made apricot oatmeal cookies (that is the reason for the quickie meal!) with a small bowl of vanilla ice cream.

Tonight I just threw together an impromptu stirfry - a package of Shady Brook Farms "Asian Grill" marinated turkey strips, a bunch of roughly chopped broccolini, some bok choy, a carrot (sliced paper-thin on a mandoline), a few fresh shitake mushrooms, a couple of cloves of garlic, roughly chopped, & a quick sauce of Hoisin sauce, dry sherry, & a dash of chili-garlic paste. Served over white rice - delicious & fast.

I was going to talk about my dinner on Sunday the 22nd. Apparently DC was having some trouble because I was replying to something and it went back to the error page. I was able to get Yahoo and Amazon so I knew the trouble was yours and not mine.

Anyway I went to dinner with a neighbor and we ate at Sizzler.

My Hewlett Packard Technician told me if I could go on other sites in the Internet the problem was with DC and not mine.

Everyone have a nice day.

Back
Top Bottom