Prayers for my BIL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
I just got word that my brother in law had a stroke yesterday and that the brain scan showed a blood clot. After a 4 hour surgery they were able to remove the clot. Improvement began after surgery and he regained felling in his left arm and leg and he was able to swollow. Please pray for a full speedy recovery for him and for his wife. She was just here visiting and had only been home for a few days when it occured......thank God she was back home in Montana though.

Thanks everyone! Doesn't appear to be as bad as my father had....thank God! Whenever I hear stroke or cancer it throws me back in time when I was having to live through the horrors of my parents illnesses and their ultimate deaths. Prayers are very appreciated!

WOW! Feeling back in his arm! That is a wonderful sign. Sounds like he is going to make a good recovery. Prayers for continued good recovery.

prayers on their way sizz!

did they get him to the hospital right away?

hope he recovers quickly and completely.

buckytom said:
prayers on their way sizz!

did they get him to the hospital right away?

hope he recovers quickly and completely.

This is what my other sister in law sent me this morning when she told me: He had gotten up yesterday morning and went to the cafe to have coffee. When he got up to leave, he wasn't walking steady and a guy asked him if he was all right. Chuck said yeah and the guy watched him leave. Chuck got in the wrong truck, so the guy went outside and drove Chuck home. Marilyn called 911, but they decided to just drive Chuck to the hospital. When they got there, they did a brain scan and there was a blood clot in the brain. Chuck's left arm had gone numb, his leg went numb, and he couldn't swallow. That hospital was going to fly him by helicopter, but it was too foggy, so they took him to the bigger hospital in Missoula by ambulance. The operation to remove the blood clot took about 4 hours. Marilyn said right away there was a big improvement. Feeling came back in the leg and arm and he could swallow and talk. They had told her before the operation that some people don't live thru the operation. They have him in intensive care now because they want to watch his blood pressure.

Thanks Everyone for your Prayers, Love and Support!!!!

Sizz,
many prayers, special thoughts on the way.Hold fast,the BIG FELLOW upstairs is looking over all of you.
kadesma

Thanks everyone. I've only met Chuck a few times when they came back from Montana. He's quite a character and I really enjoyed our visits. I a rugged outdoorsy kind of guy........I think he's just stubborn enough to beat this :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom