Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Prayers for my BIL (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/prayers-for-my-bil-28313.html)

SizzlininIN 10-25-2006 08:23 AM

Prayers for my BIL

I just got word that my brother in law had a stroke yesterday and that the brain scan showed a blood clot. After a 4 hour surgery they were able to remove the clot. Improvement began after surgery and he regained felling in his left arm and leg and he was able to swollow. Please pray for a full speedy recovery for him and for his wife. She was just here visiting and had only been home for a few days when it occured......thank God she was back home in Montana though.

lulu 10-25-2006 08:41 AM

How terrible. I hope the recovery is good.

expatgirl 10-25-2006 10:14 AM

My prayers are with you and your BIL and his family---hope that he continues to get better, SizzlininIn!

texasgirl 10-25-2006 10:14 AM

My prayers are with him for a speedy recovery!!

Michelemarie 10-25-2006 10:31 AM

Prayers coming your way - I hope he recovers soon.

SizzlininIN 10-25-2006 10:48 AM

Thanks everyone! Doesn't appear to be as bad as my father had....thank God! Whenever I hear stroke or cancer it throws me back in time when I was having to live through the horrors of my parents illnesses and their ultimate deaths. Prayers are very appreciated!

jennyema 10-25-2006 10:52 AM

Wow! I am very sorry to hear about him, Sizz. I certainly will pray for a full and speedy recovery.

~~J

Andy M. 10-25-2006 11:40 AM

Our thoughts are with you and your family.

pdswife 10-25-2006 01:22 PM

Hugs and prayers have been sent.

JoAnn L. 10-25-2006 02:08 PM

May the Lord send him sunshine and healing.

Alix 10-25-2006 02:10 PM

WOW! Feeling back in his arm! That is a wonderful sign. Sounds like he is going to make a good recovery. Prayers for continued good recovery.

buckytom 10-25-2006 02:15 PM

prayers on their way sizz!

did they get him to the hospital right away?

hope he recovers quickly and completely.

amber 10-25-2006 03:35 PM

You've got my prayers. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Sandyj 10-25-2006 03:56 PM

Your family has my prayers, too. I hope your BIL has a speedy recovery. Sandy

SizzlininIN 10-25-2006 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckytom
prayers on their way sizz!

did they get him to the hospital right away?

hope he recovers quickly and completely.

This is what my other sister in law sent me this morning when she told me: He had gotten up yesterday morning and went to the cafe to have coffee. When he got up to leave, he wasn't walking steady and a guy asked him if he was all right. Chuck said yeah and the guy watched him leave. Chuck got in the wrong truck, so the guy went outside and drove Chuck home. Marilyn called 911, but they decided to just drive Chuck to the hospital. When they got there, they did a brain scan and there was a blood clot in the brain. Chuck's left arm had gone numb, his leg went numb, and he couldn't swallow. That hospital was going to fly him by helicopter, but it was too foggy, so they took him to the bigger hospital in Missoula by ambulance. The operation to remove the blood clot took about 4 hours. Marilyn said right away there was a big improvement. Feeling came back in the leg and arm and he could swallow and talk. They had told her before the operation that some people don't live thru the operation. They have him in intensive care now because they want to watch his blood pressure.

Thanks Everyone for your Prayers, Love and Support!!!!

MJ 10-25-2006 04:30 PM

Prayers on the way Sizz.

kitchenelf 10-25-2006 04:38 PM

Sizz - prayers are going his way - I wish him a speedy recovery and his wife strength.

wasabi 10-25-2006 06:59 PM

Sending prayers to your family, Sizz.

kadesma 10-25-2006 07:07 PM

Sizz,
many prayers, special thoughts on the way.Hold fast,the BIG FELLOW upstairs is looking over all of you.
kadesma

SizzlininIN 10-26-2006 02:46 AM

Thanks everyone. I've only met Chuck a few times when they came back from Montana. He's quite a character and I really enjoyed our visits. I a rugged outdoorsy kind of guy........I think he's just stubborn enough to beat this :smile:

Barbara L 10-26-2006 03:25 AM

Sizz,

I will definitely keep Chuck and his family in prayer.

Barbara

thumpershere2 10-26-2006 08:54 AM

prayers for a speedy and full recovery

Maidrite 10-26-2006 09:54 AM

He and you all will be in our prayers SizzlininIN. I am so sorry it happen. :sad:

KAYLINDA 10-26-2006 09:58 AM

Thinking of you! Sending prayers! It's hard to imagine that something can happen this fast, isn't it? So glad he was near friends in the cafe that knew something was wrong with him! God bless!

middie 10-26-2006 10:22 AM

Sending prayers Sizz. I really hope he gets well soon

SizzlininIN 10-26-2006 10:27 AM

Thanks everyone! I haven't heard anything today but I have a very good feeling about it.......no news is good news.

SizzlininIN 10-28-2006 06:47 PM

I guess Chuck isn't doing so well. He's now going through alcohol withdrawals and you can't understand him and they've had to restrain him. I feel so sorry for his wife. I didn't even know he had an alcohol problem. I don't know why they don't give him medication for the withdrawals. The only thing I can figure is that the medicine may interfere with his stroke treatment.

Thanks again everyone for your prayers......you guys are an amazing group of friends!

TexanFrench 10-28-2006 08:42 PM

My DH had a stroke 4 years ago and made a good recovery, but it took a long time. While he was on recovery meds/in rehab. there was a long list of things he couldn't have. Don't remember them all, but I do know that grapefruit and spinach :huh: were in there, and alcohol.

I would guess that the hospital considers the stroke to be the primary problem, and staying on that medication is more important than meds. for alcohol withdrawal. These first few weeks after the stroke are very important--most of the recovery that's going to be made will be made now.

Good luck to all of you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.