I've been busy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goboenomo

Head Chef
Hey guys.
In case you haven’t noticed, I haven’t been on. I’ve been pretty busy lately. My girlfriend has been coming home every weekend so I’ve managed to see her a lot still now that she’s in university. She’s coming home again next weekend and we’re gonna have a hallowe’en party and we’ll celebrate her birthday too.

School is going great. I got my first term reports. I have 98% in Math, 91% in Accounting, and 87% in International Business. I just got two math tests back today, one with 100% and another with 104%. Heheheh. I have Accounting problems to work on next period, and International Business I’m doing a Biography on Barry Melancon (President of AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants)) using Windows Movie Maker.

One of my friends got kicked out of his house, so he’s been living with me for...... a month or more now. So we like to go out a lot. It’s starting to cost me a lot of money though. Hah. He always has no money and needs gas or something for his car. I had to get his gas and oil change for him yesterday. I’m gonna try to switch my position at Montanas from prep cook to line cook and get some more hours. I’ll be switching full time when I finish school by February 1st.

I’ve also been playing FlashFlash Revolution a lot lately. I’m getting really good. I play the songs for Gurus or harder. Flight of the Bumblebee is a good one. Minute waltz as well. Also, Maple Leaf Rag, Revolutionary Etude, Moonlight Sonata, Hungarian Dance No. 5 and 7. Caprice for Violin. Rondo alla turca, Grand Galop Chromatique, and others. I’m at rank 2000 and I’ve been playing for a little more than a month now. I also tried World of Warcraft 2 days ago. It’s a pretty good game. I got to level 9. I’m not gonna buy it though. I can use it for free cause my friend who is living with me pays for it. So I can go on whenever he’s at work. :D

I got a picture of my CD collection. I got a digital camera, so I can get more pics for you guys ;). It’s at home, so I wont be able to get it to you for a while. I’m going to my buddy’s place today, and I’m not allowed on the computer till the weekend (or after our hallowe’en party) cause my parents don’t want me making a mess. Heh.

I haven’t written any new music. Nor have a downloaded much new music. I heard a piece on the radio in the morning one day. It was Piano Concerto No. 2 - Presto - Saint-Saens. I haven’t been able to find it on limewire. So I’ll probably bit torrent it.

So yeah.... This is what’s been going on the last month or so.
Alex

Thanks for the update, you do sound very busy! I have been in and out lately, more out than in, unfortunately. We are always here! Good to hear from you!

Couldn't ditch this site. I'm always gonna be cooking. And my girlfriend will always complain about me going on forums. But hey, she doesn't know how to cook a thing, and if she wants me to cook for her, I gotta learn some new recipes from this forum.
:P

Your absence WAS noted, Gobo. You make quite an impression! How's your pasta mission going? Found anything you like, or are you already on to something else? Limewire's not really into concertos ...

I've noticed.
Ive done many searches on concerti, and half the time the word concerto doesnt even come up in any of the searches.

I took my girlfriend out for dinner to Boston Pizza last weekend.
I got penne in that creamy alfredo/tomato sauce with shrimp and chicken.
Good stuff!

I've been a little busy to try making anything.

I found a recipe for Stroganoff style chicken id like to try.
That about it.

Good to hear you're well, Gobo - and kudos on the academic achievements! You should be quite proud of your hard work. I'm pleased you're learning different styles of music - a well-rounded musician is a good thing indeed.
A word of caution (as I am a mom, so I'm allowed by law, LOL): be careful of your friend. If his mom kicked him out, it was for a good reason. Be careful about spending your hard earned money on him.

You sound like a generous guy. That's a great thing, but like Jkath I agree you need to have kind of a mental red flag up about your friend, especially if he's always out of money. Happy early birthday to your girlfriend!

welcome back gobo.

good job on the grades. keep it up.

jkath makes a very intuitive point. friends can bleed you dry. i know you're just being a good guy, and a good friend, but don't be a sucker.

i "carried" along a friend for almost 30 years, constantly lending money or paying for things, even bailing him out of jail. it's a long story, but eventually a lot of bs got in the way, and after being friends since we were 11 years old, i haven't spoken to him since 2004. so much for buddies.

so be careful, and don't trust your own instincts on this one. they will be clouded from your friendship. obviously, your parents must like the kid if he is living with you, so go with what they say.

He's been here for a while. I trust him.
He runs out of money cause he makes minimum wage and he can only work so much cause he has school.
He has gas, car payments, insurance, cell phone bills.
He pays me back first thing when he gets paid.

He got kicked out of his house because he hates his mom and he said he never wanted to see her again.

Once we both finish school by February we'll be working full time and wont have insufficient funds.

Oh hon, I can hardly wait til you're a dad so you get it!

Bet his mom is thrilled to have gotten him this far only to be "hated." She didn't have the nerve to suggest he use the bus or a regular phone by any chance, did she?

We'll see how long you enjoy having him around Gobo.

Ayrton said:
Oh hon, I can hardly wait til you're a dad so you get it!

Bet his mom is thrilled to have gotten him this far only to be "hated." She didn't have the nerve to suggest he use the bus or a regular phone by any chance, did she?

We'll see how long you enjoy having him around Gobo.

He wanted the cell... I dont know why. His dad offered to pay for the phone, just not the service. His phone is broken now, but he's still on contract, so he has to pay for a few more months.
His dad also payed for most of the car, and some insurance.
He's always been like that - hating his mother. They fight and screamed every day back before I met him in grade 7.
So obviously she got fed up with it.

So far he hasnt bothered me at all.
He sits on his computer, I sit on mine, or one of us is working. That about how it works.

Back
Top Bottom