Dinner Friday 27th October.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
I am SO excited today. DH is coming home on a night flight and I have done eveything to make the house, and fridge! , perfect for him coming home.

Because its a midnight arrival he will want something, but only something very light before bed, so I have made VeraBlue's Chilled Mango soup which I have wanted to make for ages.

I have a chocolate cake and an Apple Cake (Apple Cake thanks to VB again!) cooling for picking at and in a minute I am going to hop in the shower....I only have 11 and half hours till he is here. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

What's averbody else doing for food today?

We have some friends coming into the city tonight so we are going to meet up with them at Blockhead's, mexican cuisine.

I`m doing a Chinese style Special curry (pork, lamb, chicken, beef) with plain boiled rice.

lulu said:
I am SO excited today. DH is coming home on a night flight and I have done eveything to make the house, and fridge! , perfect for him coming home.

Because its a midnight arrival he will want something, but only something very light before bed, so I have made VeraBlue's Chilled Mango soup which I have wanted to make for ages.

I have a chocolate cake and an Apple Cake (Apple Cake thanks to VB again!) cooling for picking at and in a minute I am going to hop in the shower....I only have 11 and half hours till he is here.

oh good for you! how long's he been gone? go make yourself purdy for him:LOL:

YT2095 said:
I`m doing a Chinese style Special curry (pork, lamb, chicken, beef) with plain boiled rice.

is that a pix of you? is there room at the table for one more?:-p

Yup it`s me, and there most certainly is room :)

I Always seem to cook too much, and it would be great to see an empty pot/pan for a change :)

have fun lulu!!

he's a lucky guy, to have such a homecoming awaiting.

i took yesterday off to work around the house, then blew that off and we took our son to http://www.funtimejunction.com/ . it was a lot of fun. my little guy ran around non-stop for 3 hours, then passed out like someone turned off a switch.

so, it's back to work today, 7 to 3, then i'm gonna pick up some fish on the way home for tonight. dw asked for my veggie stuffed roasted whole fish. i'll make rosermary and evoo roasted potatoes to go with it.

while the fish is cooking, gotta clean the downstairs apartment. i've procrastinated long enough.

Have a wonderful weekend, lulu!

I'm beat today so I think I'm just going to keep tonight simple--scrambled eggs with Swiss cheese, sausage, biscuits and fruit salad.

Tonight we're having a hallowe'en party. My girlfriend is coming home too. :)

I'll probably end up going out and taking my grilfriend to Saw III.

Leftovers, we had fried potatoes, mixed w/corn, onion and smoked sausage, so tonight I am putting it in a casserole w, salsa and cheese an Jiffy cornbread mix mixed w/can of crm. on top, Baked --never tried this before, but like everything in it !! :-p Might make a cake-

I'm not sure what we're having. Something fast and easy. It's Sci-fi Friday
Maybe, I'll get a take and bake pizza while I'm out running all my errands today.

Thanx everybody... As usual I am ready HOURS too early to leave to go to the airport....lol. I'll leave in an hour or so and still be there at least an hour too early! Its like early dates all over again....spending the whole day preening and then getting to where you are meant to meet too early, lol.

I got up early this morning and made a big crockpot of bean soup. Oh, it smells so good. I got the recipes from this forum. It's was given by "thumpershere2" back in 11-29-2005. The only thing I add was diced potatoes.:rolleyes:

I was going to do chicken cacciatore, but there isn't enough cheese in the house dang it. So I am going to be creative. Some kind of chickeny thing for dinner tonight. I'm also going to bake some banana bread before my bananas walk off the counter on their own.

I am making orange roughy, mac and cheese, cucumber salad and sliced tomatoes from the garden(before the freeze),
I made brownies earlier, today, as well.:rolleyes:

We're having fresh brccoli and baby carrots braised in chicken broth and a little butter, shrimp scampi, pasta with olive oil, butter, and grated Parmegiano Regianno, accompanied by crusty bread to mop up the juices.

Since I got off easy last night with pizza and soup, tonight I decided to do a little more:LOL: So we are have a chicken skin lifted then meat smeared with a butter and herb mixture, then roasted. Gnocchi with brown butter and sage,steamed chinese broccoli with evoo and garlic,rolls and dessert is just some chocolate pudding topped with whipped cream.

kadesma

We had chicken florentine, with stuffed baked potatoes. I sure hope frozen spinach is safe. :ermm: I'm pretty sure it is :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom