Canadian, Eh?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goboenomo

Head Chef
My friend's dad has a Master Chef degree or something he got in Germany. He's been moving back and forth from Canada to Germany his whole life.
So he decided to open a restaurant called Canadian, Eh? It hasn't opened it yet, cause he's waiting for the government to complete the contracts.

But so far it's really cool.
It's a small restaurant. It will seat 28. The kitchen was so small he has to bring it out and along the restaurant, so it's a little cramped.

Next time I go there I'll get a picture.

He's going to have a Canadian menu which he uses all the time.
The every week he is going to have a selection of 4 or 5 European dishes which will constantly change.

He's been talking with me, and he wants me to work for him. It's a possibility.
He's going to look into running the restaurant with his wife. But if he needs to hire someone, I'm first on his list. My fingers are crossed. If I get this I can finally quit Montanas, and learn to cook some real meals from a real cook.

That'll be great! The best experience for a budding chef! Offer to put in some hours for free to get them started and to show your willingness to contribute.

Seize the opportunity, Gobo, and it will be a great experience for you to learn all that you can.

Best of luck to you!!

Canadian dishes??? Roast Moose w/ puddin', Trout or Salmon icecream with eyeball?? Pine patties. Seriously, what kinds of dishes do you or he consider "Canadian" I'm interested. Elk, Salmon, Smoked meat, ?

Bacon and Beer
Maple Syrup and Beaver Tail
:P

Ill ask him.
Probably things like Burgers, Chicken Strips, and Ribs.

Canadian foods

goboenomo said:
Of course he is.
Even if it's not on the menu, it can be done. :)

LOL, I was going to suggest poutine also.
icon14.gif

Go for it! You are so lucky...

Yes, a list of the dishes he plans on serving would be nice - I am French Canadian and would love to see some favourites being served. Which city is the restaurant going to be in please?

Gobo, after you'd given me the briefing on poutine, I saw it on TV (can't remember which cooking show) but both dh and I were seriously salivating. Oh yum!

Charlotte said:
Go for it! You are so lucky...

Yes, a list of the dishes he plans on serving would be nice - I am French Canadian and would love to see some favourites being served. Which city is the restaurant going to be in please?

Oshawa, about an hour from toronto.

jkath said:
Gobo, after you'd given me the briefing on poutine, I saw it on TV (can't remember which cooking show) but both dh and I were seriously salivating. Oh yum!

Oh poutine is great.
I get it almost everyday at school.

Try it with chicken gravy too. Good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom