I'm thinking like a real cook!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Half Baked

Executive Chef
I'm heading up to my kids' for Thanksgiving and my first thought was, "Should I bring my knives?" :LOL:

I bought a small rollup knife bag for just this reason. It seems that wherever I visit, I am expected to "be the chef," or I jump in (only if invited, of course) and and wind up chasing everyone else out of the kitchen. If you don't know enough to say "I'm behind you." while I'm prepping or carving or whatever, get out of the kitchen! I like my digits at ten.:ermm:

Last edited:
bullseye said:
It seems that wherever I visit, I am expected to "be the chef,"
I get that too on occasion, I find that Denying all Knowledge of cookery a few day before the date (and a few times whilst there) works wonders :sorcerer:

If you're expected to help and the host does not have good knives, you are in a bind.

I have a couple of kinfe safes for when we go to Aruba every year and I take a chef's and a utility knife. The kitchen equipment there is the worst.

Lamson_Sharp_Knife_Safe.jpg

I really have no idea of where the festivities will be held. There is a choice of 3 homes and I don't know who is handling it this year.

Actually I know my son has ceramic knives that he picked up in Japan and he sent me one for Mother's Day. Those suckers are impressive.

Half Baked said:
I'm heading up to my kids' for Thanksgiving and my first thought was, "Should I bring my knives?" :LOL:

Unlike me, you are thinking like a real cook.

I'm thinking - how much booze will we have to buy when we get there?

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: Mudbug! I don't have to worry about that, thank goodness. My son keeps a well stocked bar.

Half Baked said:
Actually I know my son has ceramic knives that he picked up in Japan and he sent me one for Mother's Day. Those suckers are impressive.

I don't have any ceramic knives, but I do have a ceramic vegetable peeler. It's awesome. Peels sweet potatoes, rutabaga, etc. like the skins are made of melted butter. Great for those of us who have hand "issues." Arthritis, carpal tunnel, etc.

Back
Top Bottom