KitchenAid Gourmet Distinctions SS set

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John77

Assistant Cook
I am in the market for a new set of cookware. I have made up my mind to go with SS. I am very close to grabbing this 10 piece set but am curious if anyone has any opinions.

The set comes with:
Three sauce pans and lids (1 1/4, 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 quart)
One 8 quart stock pot with lid
2 skillets, 8 & 10 inch

This set has a full cap base of two layers of aluminum sandwiched around a copper layer.

It also has the tappered side walls that provide a larger surface area at the top. I have read that this is a nice advantage to have that aids in reductions and makes stirring and wisking easier.

It is listed at Kohl's for $279. Right now on sale for $199, plus I can get my mother-in-law to buy it for me and receive an additional 15% off, bringing the price down to $169.

Does anyone have any opinions on this set specifically or this type of set generally?

I'd really appreciate any help.

Thanks a bunch.

The pieces listed sound practical. I am not familiar with this brand.

As it has a disk on the bottom for even heat distribution, I think it will work better on an electric stove than a gas stove. The reason is that the flames on a gas stove can reach beyond the edges of the disk and cause burning/scorching of the food inside.

I think that's a nice set for pans and a good price. I personally might have to think about that shape, but it should be fine. Some KA is clad up the sides--their roasting pan is. You might check Amazon also. They also have a lot of reviews on items sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom