Leftover Halloween Goodies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjs

Sous Chef
We've lived out in the country for so many years that other than grandchildren, I don't think we've been able to share Halloween with little ones for 20-25 years. Now, we're living in town and have gotten three bags of candy - have no idea how many we'll have. Now, THREE BAGS OF CANDY as leftovers in my house is a big no-no!

My question is, do any of you have really clever ideas to do with the leftovers??? cakes, puddings, pies, cookies???? There must be something!!

Unwrap them and put them out for the seagulls... :rolleyes:

Actually, probably the best thing to do with them would be to take them to a soup kitchen or someplace like that where they could be distributed to some folks who would think they were a treat.

We don't get many t or t'ers, as there are only 3 little kids in our building, and no general access for folks outside, so I bought one bag of Hershey's Kisses -- the new chocolate and peanut butter flavor. Whatever i don't give to those kids, I'll bring in to work tomorrow. Can't have anything like that around! :ohmy:

Usually get no t or t'ers but bought some candy, just in case.

Try not to eat the stuff because once I have one, well, let us just say 2000 calories later I start to feel a bit ill and am ticked off with myself (I don't need any extra empty calories).

Usually wait a day or two before taking the stuff into work, the next day the place is just inundated with leftover candy.

A few days from now they will be more welcome.

In the candy we bought there was Hershey Cherry Cordial Creme Kisses and tried one. Wow, were they good. Too bad there isn't a chocoholics meeting I could go to, I really don't want to keep eating them.

Never heard of them before, I try not to pay attention to the candy aisle, so maybe these are well known.

Anyway happy Halloween.

You can make a "candy pizza". Roll out sugar cookie dough on a pizza pan. Cook until almost done. Cut up candy....(soft ones anyway)...and sprinkle all over the top. Put back in oven just until the candy softens. Let cool and cut in pizza shapes. Have fun! When all elso fails though...just stick it in the freezer for later!

Umm... well... we have 8 pieces of candy left, from about 300 or so that we started with...

Some years, when we do have more leftover halloween candy, I put it aside and give it out at school as a pre-holiday treat for the winter break.

I also chill the candy, put it into a food processor, and use the crumbled bits as a stir-in addition to vanilla ice cream/frozen yogurt. That's where these 8 pieces are going.

You can always make a basic chocolate chip cookie dough & instead of using chocolate chips, chop up some candy bars (or whatever kind of chocolate candy you have) to put in the dough.

Make a graham cracker crust, put a layer of chopped up choclate candy on the bottom of the crust, top with chocolate or vanilla pudding, then top the pudding with whipped cream or cool whip & garnish the top with more candy.

If you have the mini Reeses peanut butter cups or Hershey kisses, make some peanut butter cookies, bake them in mini muffin tins & as soon as you take them out of the oven press a candy into the top.

Also, with Christmas right around the corner, you can always stash the candy in the freezer & save it to use a decorations for a gingerbread house.

Don't know if you have any, but 3-Muskateer bars are phenominal with Raspberry jam on top.

Last year, we had way to much candy. I took the left-over candy bars and sealed them into three airtight freezer bags, to insulate them from any moisture, and the freezer taste. I put them in the deep freeeze. I used them this year after testing the quality. They were as good as when I first bought them, and save me the cost of purchasing new candy.

Be creative with the candy you have if you want to use it up. A square fo graham cracker with a marshmallow and Hershe's Kiss on top could me microwaved and served as an dessert. Bars can be cut up and used as Crewsk said, mixing them into softened ice-cream, or in pudings or cream pies. Things like M&M's or Peanut M&M's can go into brownies, pancakes, fudge, cakes, or icings/frostings. Hard candies such as lemon drops, butterscotch, mints, etc., can be crushed and sprinkled over puddings, ice-cream, on top of cakes, etc.

Carmels can be melted and have apples dipped into the hot sauce, or can be mixed in with pumpkin pie filling. You can melt them, and add a bit of water or milk to thin into a dipping sauce, or a sauce for ice cream.

Taffe, well, I'm just not sure how to be creative with them, except maybe to add them to a sauce and melt them in.

Hope that helps.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Now, we're cookin' - thanks so much, the ideas are great!

Especially - "make some peanut butter cookies, bake them in mini muffin tins & as soon as you take them out of the oven press a candy into the top." - that could get me in all kinds of trouble!!

we eat our leftover candy for a few weeks, then when our teeth are rotting and bellies are bulging, i bring the remainder in to all of the other fattened slobs that i work with. then we eat each other's leftover candy. :sick:

There's a little known fact about Halloween Candy. It all goes bad on Novemeber 1st and needs to be disposed of properly.

Send it all to me, and I will make sure it is disposed of in the proper manner! :mrgreen:

John

Back
Top Bottom