Triple Layer Cheesecake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
May I suggest checking the bottom of the oven first, for residual grease which may cause unsolicited fire:LOL:.

Chocolate Cookie Crust

1 3/4 c choclate wafer crumbs
5T unsalted butter, melted

Cheesecake Batter

1 1/2 c cream cheese, softened
1C sugar
pinch salt
3 large eggs
8 oz sour cream
1t vanilla
7oz semisweet choclate, melted

Topping
16oz sour cream
1/4C sugar

One 3in. deep, 9in springform pan, bottom buttered.

Preheat oven to 350 and make sure rack is in center position. Blend cookie crumbs and melted butter together either with a fork or your fingers. Spread in springform. Beat the cream cheese, sugar and salt on low speed until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, stopping often to scrape down the bowl and beater. Beat in the sour cream and vanilla.

Pour half the batter onto the base. Smooth the batter with a spatula. Stir the melted chocolate into the remaining batter and carefully pour it over the plain batter. Bake the cheesecake for 40 minutes.

While the cheesecake is baking, prepare the topping. Stir the sour cream and sugar together until smooth.
Pour the topping over the cheesecake and smooth it with a spatula. Increase the oven temperature to 450 degrees and return to oven for 10 minutes.

Cool the cake in the pan on a rack, then wrap in plastic and refrigerate until firm. Unmold carefully.

best prepared without addition of fire, however, cocktails are readily appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shop Rite makes a plain chocolate cookie, it's got sugar crystals on it, but it works fine. I've been known to use any cookie I have in the house. I once used pecan sandies! It turns out just fine.

This cake is so rich you don't need a water bath. It's like silk!

Back
Top Bottom