Lemon Creme Mold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
My Aunt Tessie gave me this recipe in the mid 1970s. During a lapse of better judgement I shared it with my sister in law. I don't very much care for her any longer and wish I'd never shared it with her. With that exception, I am the only one of 26 first cousins that has the recipe. I am prepared to take it to my urn :)lol:)....but I thought you might enjoy it as much as my family does.

I only make it once a year, for Thanksgiving. Some may prefer it as a dessert, but I've always served it with the main course. The mold is very creamy and soothingly cool. It is a welcome respite to all the savoury food that is served during the main course. I use a tupperware mold that holds 7 cups. A bundt pan can be used, but lightly spray it with pam first. You'll have to immerse it for a few moments in warm water if you use the bundt pan to help it release.

Lemon Creme Mold

16 oz soft cream cheese
1/2 C sugar
12oz can evaporated milk
6 oz lemon jello
2 C boiling water
1t lemon zest
3T fresh lemon juice

Method

Beat cream cheese with sugar until light and smooth. Gradually blend in evaporated milk. Dissolve jello in boilig water. Gradually add to cream cheese mixture, together with lemon juice and zest. Blend well. Pour into 6-7C mold. Chill overnight.

When I unmold this, I do so onto a cake plate. I garnish it with fresh lemon slices which I've dipped in frothed egg white and sugar. I put a small bowl into the center of the mold and fill that with homemade cranberry sauce or relish. My family has always enjoyed how this cools the mouth, especially since everything else (stuffing, onions, etc..) is so savoury.

If you speak to my sister in law, let her know you all have the recipe too, and that in addition to having very poor taste in footwear, her possession of my recipe matters little.

Happy Thanksgiving!

When I was about 10 or so, that was when my Aunt first made it. I have been hooked ever since 1972. My boyfriend got a taste of it for the first time 3 years ago and now he's hooked.
I think the fact that I only make it for Thanksgiving has kept it such a treasure.

By the way, my SIL, the one with the unfortunate shoes...always made hers so poorly...lumpy cream cheese:sick:.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom