Dinner Friday Nov. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Shrimp in spicy butter sauce, spagetti w/butter, garlic and fresh grated Romano, salad and crusty bread for mopping up the juices. :-p

Barb L said:
Shrimp in spicy butter sauce, spagetti w/butter, garlic and fresh grated Romano, salad and crusty bread for mopping up the juices. :-p

...and you live where, and your table holds how many?:ROFLMAO:

For me, I think I'll be on a plane so no dinner. I may take some veggies to work with me so I can eat something though, mustn't 'not' eat.

We're having re-runs from last night. The Smoked Teriaki pork, rice and vegies was delicious. We had some pre-sliced fresh mushrooms that needed to be cooked, so Kim sauteed them up and added some to the rice along with the sugar snap peas, pepper strips and bamboo shoots.
I was surprised at how tasty the Lipton packaged rice was...of course it was loaded with sodium, but by the time I added the vegies, it was just about right.

Wow, it always amazes me how early you all have your dinner mapped out. I'm usually staring at the freezer midday trying to decide what to thaw. LOL.

I have leftover chili, BBQ chicken casserole and cannelloni in the fridge, but I'm not certain the little portions would feed us all. So now I need to decide whether to do a salmon (and let Kate eat the leftovers as she loathes salmon) or to haul out some ground beef and be creative.

Suggestions are welcomed! I will be checking back regularly as this is such a good idea place for me.

LEFSElover said:
...and you live where, and your table holds how many?:ROFLMAO:

For me, I think I'll be on a plane so no dinner. I may take some veggies to work with me so I can eat something though, mustn't 'not' eat.
Freezin' Michigan- and I already saved you a place ! Just fly by and stop in ! :)

Alix said:
Wow, it always amazes me how early you all have your dinner mapped out. I'm usually staring at the freezer midday trying to decide what to thaw. LOL.

I have leftover chili, BBQ chicken casserole and cannelloni in the fridge, but I'm not certain the little portions would feed us all. So now I need to decide whether to do a salmon (and let Kate eat the leftovers as she loathes salmon) or to haul out some ground beef and be creative.

Suggestions are welcomed! I will be checking back regularly as this is such a good idea place for me.
Lol, there are days I change my menu 2-3 times, but when you are retired, life is pretty slowwwww and easy ! :-p

Barb L said:
Lol, there are days I change my menu 2-3 times, but when you are retired, life is pretty slowwwww and easy ! :-p

LOL! Bull pucky! I've seen you retired folks and I get tired just hearing about your exploits!:LOL:

I think its just that I am not terribly organized. I stay at home MOST of the time so you'd think I could work out a menu a wee bit earlier than "panic time" LOL!

Mr HB is having leftover chicken fried pork, mashed potatos, corn and rolls....and his starter is pea soup.

I'm having pea soup and corn bread. :)

pan-seared salmon fillets with a watercress sauce, brocolli and beans and a few salad potatoes.

well I Knida had a suspicsion we Might be going out tonight to a firework display, so I dug out a little bag of mini smaoke cured sausages from the Freezer archives (half the bag full of frost too!) and wrapped them in a basic bread dough with added Parmesan cheese, onion and garlic granules, BBQ spice and herbs, layed a sliver of chili pepper on the dough squares and rolled the sausages up in them, I baked them about 45 mins ago, and so i`ll put them in bags and we can eat then as Pocket Food during the display :)

I`m sure most of the cooks here already know that being part Mind-Reader and Future predictor plays a huge part in our lives too :)

although I must confess that Teriyaki Pork Constance is making sounds lovely!, and I know what I`de rather be eating INDOORS IN THE WARM! :)

Alix, we have often eaten supper in England before you have opened your fridge to think about it. I sometimes take suggestions from these threads for the NEXT night, lol. Usually though, I can give you an idea of what we will be eating a week ahead.....plan, plan, plan. Although, sometimes the best laid plans of mice and men.....we break the menu!

I had the weirdest cravings today. For lunch I ate an entire small can of tuna and added sliced cornichons to it, nothing else, no bread no crackers, nothing. Just the fish and pickles...... then I had some of the chestnut chocolate cake I made at tea time and I'm having consomme for supper. I started unpacking the boxes of food from our other house today and I have 14 cans of consomme......I often turn it into cheats onion soup and addd soften onions and cheese or serve it with kosher crunchy croutons, the ones made for chicken soup, or, like tonight, have it plain with a glug of sherry in it.

soup and bread. We may get record cold temperatures tonight. The herbed dinner rolls are in the oven, I cooked a chuck roast in the pressure cooker this am and have a bunch of potatoes in the oven with the rolls. I will put the soup together later today; chopped baked potatoes, onions garlic celery green peppers bay s&p&cayenne, canned green beans corn tomato juice, with the minced chuck roast.

I dug out some left over shredded pork I had in the freezer and am turning it into enchiladas. I'm about to go make a pan of apple crisp for dessert.

We're not having any dinner around here tonight.

I'm serving cocktails 'upstairs':brows: , with a plate of apples, cheddar and pumpernickle rounds. If we're hungry around midnight or so, I may make shrimp and goat cheese omelets.

I'm having a VeraBluetini, I think Lou is having bourbon.

I'm about to head out of here to get the brioche dough ready for breakfast.

Your meals always sound so delicious Verablue.

As for us, I'm not cooking! Take out tonight, probably mexican.

Most fridays we go out with friends. Tonight we are going to a close to home family run fish place we all love. Last time there I had fried oysters, they were heavenly, so I'm trying to decide on lemon calamari strips or the oysters again..This place is walk in, pick a spot, sit, the minute your bottom hits the chair, the waitress is there with a large tin camping plate of steaming hot french fries and a basket of hush puppies that have cheese and sliced green onions in them, plus their great coleslaw. You order, they continue to bring fries,puppies and slaw as you wish. Your order arrives with a cup of beans, rice, your fish of choice, a slice of home made bread with butter, tartare sauce, lemons, malt vinegar and creole seasonings for you to choose from. You are never rushed, no matter how busy they are, then when you've pushed away your tin plate they arrive for those who come in by 6p.m. a good size bowl with vanilla ice cream and your choice of either blackberry cobbler or peach cobbler and mugs of hot coffe. We always leave to smiling waitresses who treat you like your family..Your happy, so full you'd bounce if you fell and looking forward to next time:)

kadesma

After work I went over to visit my parents and run some errands in the town they live in. But I fooled around too long in town and got home late. So, I had chili dogs for dinner. What I had planned for dinner was Lemon Artichoke Chicken served with asparagus and a rice medley. At least I know what I will be having for tomorrow's dinner.

Last edited:
I had tentative plans for something to do with some frozen trout, but I was blind-sided--in a good way. I own my own business(es), and I am not used to getting tips. I can count on one hand the number of tips I've gotten in the last ten years. Anyway, a regular customer came in tonight with a rack of ribs from a new local Portugese bbq place, said "thank you very much for all you've done," and left. He even included some of his own bbq sauce! They were excellent, and complemented well by the leftover rice/onions/peas in the refrigerator. It made my day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom