Vote early Vote often

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Half Baked

Executive Chef
I'm off to the polls, hoping to beat the herds.

PS. Thank goodness there are herds voting. :)

That's our plan as well. Every year I get more frustrated. But I keep trying. At least if you vote you earn the right to ***** and moan when those you vote for disappoint you!

From the time it opened (7am) to the time I was driving away, it took 27 minutes. Not bad. I was there 10 minutes before it opened.

I think for the next election, I'll get an absentee ballot. We had to wait in line for about 2 hrs to vote for the President.

June, it's dismal and drizzling here. I hope people come out.

I absolutely love election day! After today I don't have to listen to all the trashy political ads that have been bombarding my brain for so long!

More and more I find myself with a dilemma. I don't feel comfortable with either candidate. As a result, I sometimes vote for the independent as a form of protest.

We have three questions on the ballot as well this year.

Andy M. said:
I absolutely love election day! After today I don't have to listen to all the trashy political ads that have been bombarding my brain for so long!

Amen to that. I think this year was especially dirty, at least in our area. We heard more about "who struck John" than about the issues. What a waste of time and money!:mad:

Thankfully, in the coming weeks we'll be done with the "signs" of fall. And I don't mean colored leaves.:rolleyes:

I'm off to vote, too. Foggy, rainy and dreary here, but that seldom deters folks in this area. Good country stock here.

Andy M. said:
More and more I find myself with a dilemma. I don't feel comfortable with either candidate. As a result, I sometimes vote for the independent as a form of protest.

I find myself in that dilemma more and more, myself, Andy. I really think there should be a choice for "None of the above, run better candidates."

There's alway a 'write in' area for all the offices....put your name in. :LOL:

We mail ours in everytime. I'd rather pay for a stamp than wait in line, voted last week.

I voted a couple weeks ago. I know what you mean about the ads on tv Andy. I also had a slew of messages on my answering machine asking for my vote.

I'll be going after work, and right now, all I can think of is the line from Brewster's Millions...

Vote "None of the Above!" :-p

John

They moved our polling place, unbeknownst to us, but that didn't stop me from finding out the new joint and showing up again like I always do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom