My new slow cooker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron W.

Senior Cook
Got the Kitchenaid 7 qt programmable sc last week and made beef stew in it yesterday.

I like it.

The stew didn't even fill it half way but there was no problem with scorching or other problems that seem to happen with some other newer cookers.

Set it for 4 hr on hi to start with but added an additional hour toward the end.

got it at amazon.com with free shipping and $25 off because it was over $125.

It's fairly heave, weighs about 18 # when empty but hey, it's a 7 qt unit.

http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KSC700SS-7-Quart-Cooker-Stainless/dp/B000CSRKD0/sr=1-5/qid=1163013202/ref=sr_1_5/002-9933648-3080026?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen

Now you can make a supply of the world's best caramelized onions. Fill that sucker to the tippy top with sliced onions. Sprinkle them with just a little balsamic and maybe a little powedered bouillion. Put on low for up to 24 hours (that is how long mine took). When they are done they will be quite dark, and a very small amount!! Pack in muffin tins to freeze and then pop out into a plastic bag to keep. Use them for stews, 2X baked potatoes, hash, almost instant French onion soup, etc.

You can also cook extra for freezing, so that you have dinner for those nights you don't feel like cooking :)

You're gonna love having them. I need to make some more,now that I think about it.

My slow cooker died and I had to get a new one(can't love without it).It's 6.5qt; I bought it at Home Depot here in Canada for only 28.95 and it works like a charm with High Low and Auto( keep warm).I use my slow cooker at least once a week.

Back
Top Bottom