What's for Dinner, Thurs 9, Nov

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YT2095

Executive Chef
so, wotcha cookin`?

tonight we have boiled Gammon on Naan bread with cheese and mustard them warmed up in the oven.

the remaining meat....
well that`s for tomorrows menu :)

OK YT, don't confuse me too much, I thought today was the 9th.:ermm:

I just took a Boston butt out of the crock pot that's been cooking since yesterday afternoon (it fell apart as I was taking it out...YUM). I'm going to make bbq out of it & we'll have oven fries, cole slaw, & maybe baked beans if I feel like it. Hubby gave me his cold.:mad:

Tonight's dinner will be the same as lunch which is cooked cranberry beans soup made from frozen fresh beans along with chopped onion, carrot, chilli and tomato paste. This dish is similar to Fasolada, Greek Bean Soup whose recipe I have posted here before and it is a substantial dish to warm the soul on a cold wintry day.

It is the 9th crewsk, Title all fixed. LOL.

We're having dinner at my Mom's tonight. My Auntie and Uncle are coming to town and she is bringing a seafood casserole with them. (They live on the coast) I'm going to take along one of my apple pies and make a funky salad. I'm so excited to see them!!

Oooops, my bad, I looked at my Clock, it said 11 and I already knew it was Nov. Thanks Alix!

I`m quite harmless really :))

NP!! Happens all the time. Just confuses those of us who haven't had coffee yet! LOL!

Chinese takaway, boiled rice, veg, and some horrid sweet and sour prawns. I have been feeling ropey all day, all week really, but my mother had a minor op today and wanted a treat. I feel really ropey though. Might see if I can see doctor tomorrow....haven't cooked properly for a few days...

Chicken Ajillo (white wine & garlic) mashed potatoes and mixed greens salad. We have a whole bunch of wine left over from Tuesday's wine tasting, so we need to "coat" our tummies with something substantial! :chef:

Hope you feel better soon Lulu (not sure what ropey means).

Im making a chicken curry for my husband, and since I dont like curry, Im making some kind of creation out of a large portobella mushroom, shrimp, and some veggies, along with a salad on the side.

We're having re-runs from last night...chicken-fried pork cutlets, fried mushrooms, fried baked potatoes, broccoli casserole and apple crisp. The broccoli casserole was just a shade under-done for my taste, but it should be just right tonight.
Kim heats the fried things up on a baking sheet in the oven, and they are just as good as they were the first time.

Constance said:
We're having re-runs from last night...chicken-fried pork cutlets, fried mushrooms, fried baked potatoes, broccoli casserole and apple crisp. The broccoli casserole was just a shade under-done for my taste, but it should be just right tonight.
Kim heats the fried things up on a baking sheet in the oven, and they are just as good as they were the first time.
Sounds yummy to me !! Constance Go Girl !

My DM and DH had pork chops in apples, onions, honey, ginger and s&p, plus mashed pots, peas and corn, corn bread and salad......plus for dessert, they got banana whiskers cookies....
I had a salad of romaine, beets, radishes, toms, onions, hard boiled eggs and a sparse amount of not legal really wonderful dressing

Last night was husband's "hockey night", so I just opened up a jar of Trader Joe's Indian Yellow Lentil Curry Stew for myself, which was quite good. Mildly spicy, with yellow lentils, diced potatoes, carrots, & okra. Sort of a like a cross between a stew & thick vegetable chowder.

pasta carbonara & garlic bread. French onion soup, too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom