Need some more cheese for my whine...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
As some of you know, I have no feeling in my feet and ankles, so, not only does this make me clumsy, but I can't tell when I've hurt myself.
Last night I was running around barefoot after my bath, when Kim came in the kitchen and exclaimed that I was bleeding all over the place. I don't know how I did it, but I just about ripped the end of my toe off. The nail has been pulled out from the base, and the tip of end of the toe is almost sliced off.
He cleaned me up and bandaged me up, then mopped up the floor.
It doesn't hurt...like I said, I have no feeling there...but it sure looks rough.

Ouch! I feel for you. It's tough to know how bad it is, if you can't feel it. Shouldn't you get it looked at?

Kim thought about taking me to the emergency room last night, for stitches, but since it was such a small area, he didn't think they'd do that. I'm a good healer...I think it will be OK. I'll know after take my bath tonight and Kim changes the bandage.

Are you sure that it wasn't a rusty nail? Do you have your shot so you won't get blood poisoning or infection? Please keep an eye on it.

Tetanis shot is what JoAnn is referring to. Ouch constance. Why dont you have any feeling in your ankles and feet?

Connie,
keep a close eye on that toe. Without feeling you won't know til it's to late if you have an infection. Keep it clean and dry, use an anti-biotic cream like neosporin on it and I would change dressing several times a day til I was sure it was healing. At the first sign of any redness or oozing, get it looked at. And please please wear some slippers.
kadesma

Oh you poor darling, I hope you are ok. You should DEFINITELY make sure your tetenus jab is up to date (every five years it needs a boost) and I would have thought they would stitch it....

Take care. Be careful not to get it wet when you bath, can you dangle your leg out of the side?

Back
Top Bottom