Christmas Goodies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpiritWolf

Senior Cook
I just want to know what y'all are doing for chrissy breakfast and lunch and dinner. In Australia I am going to be cooking Roast Pork, Chicken,a ham, lots of salads,all different, my guests bring something different,lots of kids foods, lollies,chips,softdrinks,a lot of alcohol,for the adults, have to have a Pavlova for me 4 dessert, a Trifle, a mudcake(choclate of coarse), fruitsalad with fresh cream or ice-cream and custard,jelly(which is jello in your lingo),we also have for chrissy breakfast,Ham with eggs,bacon,pineapple,toast if u want, and what ever else u fancy, with lots of alcohol once again. Heaps of pressies,A beautiful chrissy tree, and loads of lights, and decorations, that with good company and good food and drinks and convo's, that is so ideal. But I cannot forget the SEAFOOD, we have it every year and cant have chrissy without it, we LOVE our SEAFOOD, everything you can think of, YUMMMMM, so what is everyone else having on this special day, please tell me every ones ideas on their special chrissy feast, all day and every way, + drinks, Im sure there are a few special recipies for all those glamourious drinks, I need to know so I can add them to my recipies, thanks so much, talk to Y'all later.:rolleyes::-p:wacko:

Wow, Spirit. I think I won't need to eat any more today after hearing all of that. I guess you just have to pace yourself.

My husband and I like to have a nice steak dinner at home alone on Christmas Eve.

We get together with my 3 girls, their husbands and 8 grandchildren for brunch at one of my daughters' house. I take breakfast muffins and ambrosia. There is usually some sort of breakfast casserole and a few new recipes.

We do our big eating at Thanksgiving.

Christmas Eve, we have brunch at my parents house. It usually consists of ham & cheese quiche, breakfast cass., mini muffins (blueberry, orange cranberry, & chocolate choclate chip), biscuits with sausage gravy & chocolate gravy, sausage balls, mixed fruit, ham & bacon (if hubby cooks it at SIL's request). Last year mom made a baked french toast that was wonderful! We're normally so full that I don't have to cook much the rest of the day. Hubby & I tend to eat leftovers from brunch after the kids are in bed & we have a little bit of peace & quiet. Plus, we munch on whatever last minute items I'm baking for Santa...he likes his peanut butter cookies to be very fresh!:LOL:

As far as Christmas day goes, my parents either bring breakfast, usually mixed danishes, crossants, & ham left from brunch, or lunch & bring stuff for sub sandwiches. This way they get to see what Santa brought before the kids haul it all to their rooms.

I always bake a ham for the holidays, it is especially usefull if a houseful of people want sandwiches. Its going to be just DH and I this Christmas, so we are going to have beef instead of the traditional goose, or turkey. I might cook a bird anyway for the cold cuts though.

We have decided on a beef wellington. I'll probably take a Christmas pudding with me, make chestnut icecream and we will be indulging in the local foods too. The Italian christmas meal of I think a special sausage (I cannot remember the name, sorry!) and lentils we will have on our Boxing day I think. I know the menu will expand, but we are making a deliberate effort to make a smaller than usual menu and enjoy the time together and eat less!

Our Christmas Eve tradition, as of three years ago, is to go out for Mexican food. We usually read "The Night Before Christmas" at the Christmas tree and I prepare Mexican Hot Chocolate. Christmas is always at my house - breakfast will be something easy, usually something I can prepare the night before, breakfast casserole or a cinamon roll casserole. I am stumped for dinner - I want to make something "different" - however, I have an extended family of picky eaters :mad: - DH and I were discussing a stuffed tenderloin - something we do together but not too often. I was also thinking of a crown pork roast - I will have to scour the forum for some ideas!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom