ISO Rum and/or Apricot balls recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpiritWolf

Senior Cook
Does anyone have any special way of making these beauties. My mom use to do them for a special Chrissy treat, but she passed away before I had a chance to get her recipie. I know kinda my own, but wont be as good as her's, maybe someones moms or grandma's may know, all I know is my family loves them and u have to use a good bit of alcohol, its once a year , so come on, +please give me your ideas.:chef: I will love Y'all 4 ever.:ROFLMAO:

You can try this recipe:

RUM TRUFFLES

Ingredients:
125/5-1/2oz dark chocolate
small knob of butter
2 tbsps rum
50gm/1-3/4oz chopped apricots
100gm/3-1/2oz cake crumbs
75gm/2-3/4oz/6 tbsps icing sugar
2 tbsps cocoa powder

Method:
1. Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a bowl with the butter. Set the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, stir until melted and combined.
2. Remove from the heat and beat in the rum. Stir in the apricot, cake crumbs and 50gm/1-3/4oz of icing sugar. Beat until combined. Add a little rum if the mixture is stiff.
3. Roll the mixture into small balls ad place them on a sheet of baking parchment. Leave to chill until firm.
4. Sieve the remaining icing sugar on to a large plate. Sieve the cocoa powder on to another plate. Roll half of the truffles in the icing sugar until coated and roll the remaining truffles in the cocoa powder.
5. Place the truffles in paper sweet (candy) cases and leave to chill until required.

Spiritwolf, I dont make rum or apricot balls ( well, used to but like 20 years ago and cant remember!) but if you want to make a splash try these!!!:chef:

I Packet of your Favourite Tim Tams ( I like Choc Mint or Cappuccino)
250 Gms Cream Cheese ( more or less, depending on the cheese you use)

Blitz T/T's in processor and mix well with softened cream cheese. Form into balls and refrigerate. Dip in chocolate and refrigerate again.

Then eat, and go straight to heaven. Ive already been there to many times to mention.:( :rolleyes: :LOL:

Well...I lied!! Heres one for you. And me too unfortunately.:( :rolleyes:

Rumballs ( a Kiwi recipe from Cuisine Magazine)

250 G Bittersweet Chocolate
150 Mls Cream ( American double cream)
4 Tbsps Rum
4 Savoiardi ( sponge finger biscuits) made into crumbs
1/2 to 1 Cup Dutch Cocoa
1/4 C Apricot Jam

Gently melt chocolate with cream and rum. Stir until smooth. Stir in the biscuit crumbs then refrigerate mixture for 2 hours or set.
Scoop into little balls and chill again. Melt and sieve apricot jam with a dash of hot water. Roughly paint each rumball with it, then roll in the cocoa to coat. Store on baking paper in a sealed container in a cool dry place.
Makes 20

Like yeah, my tum is cool and dry??? :LOL: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Don't know about apricot balls, although they sound quite yummy, but Scott is correct about the Americansky version. Nilla wafers work the best.

I made bourbon balls using nilla wafers, crushed pecans, sugar, bittersweet chocolate, corn syrup and bourbon.

The amaretto balls are made with chocolate grahams, ground almonds, sugar and amaretto.

It was my plan to make a batch with godiva's white chocolate liqueor and nilla wafers, but ran out of energy.

I like the idea of using cherry vodka, too.

I keep mine refrigerated. Do you?

Back
Top Bottom