Crab stuffed mushrooms rec. idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I'm trying out several new appys tomorrow to see if they will be ones we want for Thanksgiving.
This one was given to me by my DH's cousin.
it makes 45 stuffed mushrooms
remove the stems from your mushrooms and place ( the mushrooms)them in buttered baking dishes. I am going to pre bake the mushrooms part way, When cool I will fill with the filling : Combine 3/4 c. of mayo with 1 egg, 1-1/2 tea. fresh chopped parsley,1-2 tea. lemon juice,1-tea. dry mustard,1/4-tea. baking powder,1/4 tea. worcestershire sauce,1/8 tea. cayenne or more to your liking and mix well.
add the crab meat fold it in. Then fill the cooked and cooled mushrooms with the crab mixture, sprinkle with the fresh bread crumbs and bake at 350 about 15 min or til light brown.
kadesma:)

Oh, that sounds interesting and piqued me to start a list here by my computer of possible dishes. We have fresh picked crab from our beach trip in October in the freezer!!
When I stuff mushrooms I saute them very lightly in butter before stuffing (you mention pre-baking). I think they stay "plumper" this way rather than the dry heat of the oven. Just an idea.
I think I'll sprinkle with Parmigiano before baking also.
I like the looks of this recipe for the baking powder addition to the mayo--that will make a nice puffy presentation.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Kadesma, let us know how it turns out! My daughter is doing Thanksgiving at her house this year, which will make life a lot easier for me. I'll make the dressing, and probably the giblit gravy, and a dessert. But I'd like to take something different, too, like the mushrooms.

Gretchen said:
Oh, that sounds interesting and piqued me to start a list here by my computer of possible dishes. We have fresh picked crab from our beach trip in October in the freezer!!
When I stuff mushrooms I saute them very lightly in butter before stuffing (you mention pre-baking). I think they stay "plumper" this way rather than the dry heat of the oven. Just an idea.
I think I'll sprinkle with Parmigiano before baking also.
I like the looks of this recipe for the baking powder addition to the mayo--that will make a nice puffy presentation.

Thanks.
Hi Gretchen,
i usually saute the mushrooms in butter and then cool before filling. I like them this way better than just baked with the filling . I did say I was going to pre-bake the mushrooms, as that is how the recipe was told to me, but I know when I start them in about an hour I'll end up with butter in the skillet and the mushrooms following close behind. They seem to be so much more moist and tasty this way. Glad you reminded me.:)

kadesma

Constance said:
Kadesma, let us know how it turns out! My daughter is doing Thanksgiving at her house this year, which will make life a lot easier for me. I'll make the dressing, and probably the giblit gravy, and a dessert. But I'd like to take something different, too, like the mushrooms.
Connie,
I'll be putting them together pretty soon and I'll let you know how they turn out. Sounds like you will have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your daughter. We're going to my daughters as well, only thing is I have to get there at day break to start the big bird:LOL:

kadesma

Michelemarie said:
Kadesma, EVERYTHING you make is good - I wish we lived closer - I would pay to come eat at your house!
Oh no you would not. My friends don't pay:LOL: I'd just make ya bring a pie:LOL:

I wish you lived closer too. I'd so enjoy your company.

kadesma

Wanted to give you an idea how these came out. I mixed everything but the egg and tasted the filling, it was nice but rather blad to me. So I added more lemon juice,and I chopped up a bunch of green onions green and white parts and added this to the mixture, tasted it and it was really good. Now I have to cook them and see what I get:LOL: Will let you know on that.
kadesma

Next time, to spice it up a bit, try using some Old Bay. I just use my crabcake recipe to stuff the mushrooms.

Your's sounds real good!

Shunka said:
Ohh!! eat one for me!! They sound so good!!
Shunka, had some extra crab filling left, so I took a can of biscuits and seperated them, then I put them into a mini muffin tin, filled with the crab mix and baked..They turn out so good. Next time I make them I will try Halfed Baked's Old bay seasoning idea along with a tad mone onion..Okay I'm taking a big bite for you:LOL:
kadesma

Barb L said:
Same here lol - I just swallowed real hard !:-p
Barb,
you Connie and I, should all get together and make these and just stuff ourselves:LOL:

kadesma

mudbug said:
The least you girls could do is share some with the Hot Tub group, sheesh!!!
OOOPs,
have to make another batch Bug, get ready:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom