Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Winter Blues Get Together Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/winter-blues-get-together-menu-29017.html)

Alix 11-14-2006 09:29 PM

Winter Blues Get Together Menu

OK folks here's what we are going to serve.

Hearty soup (bean, potato, french onion, pea, whatever)
Cheesy Spoon bread/French baguette
Green salad of your choice

Dessert is either apple pie or apple crisp/cobbler

Since we are all in different time zones lets just say that we will do this on the weekend if we are participating. Whenever you sit down to your meal, raise a glass and toast your friends at DC. Then come and post how your meal was and who you shared it with. Don't forget to share your recipes!

kitchenelf 11-14-2006 09:31 PM

Well Alix, I'm certainly NOT sharing my apple crisp recipe - you can get your ow....oh, it IS your recipe :blush: :tongue:

Reanie525i 11-14-2006 09:34 PM

Count me in - I will do it on Saturday!!!

kitchenelf 11-14-2006 09:50 PM

yippeeee - I can tell you now that I am going to do potato, leek, kale, and chorizo soup with the spoon bread. And I don't have a recipe but it shouldn't be too complicated. Oh geez, another low-fat meal :angel:

I'm on for Sunday.

kadesma 11-14-2006 09:55 PM

Saturday for us, I'll do my french onion soup,with the toasted baguette slice on,top and provolone cheese melted on that with a sprinkle of parm, a salad of red and green cabbage dressed with sesame oil and a touch of rice vinegar, Elfs spoonbread...They might not look fancy in this post, but they will warm the heart and the soul:smile:
kadesma

Alix 11-14-2006 10:24 PM

I think I might do french onion too. With toasted baguette to hold the cheesy goodness on top. We'll have that spoon bread on the side too. Mmmmmm, cheese and bread, its all good!

licia 11-15-2006 04:33 AM

Oh, I wish we were having soup on Saturday. We are having our SS class for cookout and it is supposed to be cold - 38 Sat and Sun am. We are having the food in dh's new tractor garage (before grease and tools), and having a fire in the firepit. I hope we stay warm. We will also have 2 large grills going. Maybe I should get some marshmallows. We may not need any cold drinks, but I think I will make a large kettle of mulled cider and we will have coffee.

thumpershere2 11-15-2006 07:07 AM

Bean soup this weekend with whole wheat bread and NO salad. To many people get sick on salad greens still. Rhubarb pie al la mode.

boufa06 11-15-2006 07:11 AM

Good and healthy menu, Alix. DH will be much pleased when I present the dishes on Saturday cos' he prefers a lighter or no meal at all for dinner these days.

cjs 11-15-2006 08:12 AM

o.K. for the newbies around here - Winter Blues Get Together Menu - to participate, we fix what we like for comfort food and report in after the weekend? not necessarily a new dish to us?

Well, whatever I fix Saturday, there will be Alix's cheesey spoon bread - sounds super!

(I also copped the BEAN AND PASTA SALAD that was showing with the bread recipe - love pasta/bean combo - thanks!)