Pineapple cake that isn't upside down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

licia

Executive Chef
My mom is asking for a pineapple cake for her birthday. My cousin who was going to make it isn't able since her dad fell and broke his hip. She said she would email me the recipe but hasn't and I need to make one soon. If anyone has a tried and true recipe that isn't the upside down variety, I would love to try it. Thanks!

licia, I made this cake sometime ago and it turned out with great success. Here is the recipe:

PINEAPPLE COCONUT CAKE WITH PINEAPPLE FROSTING

Ingredients:
125gm butter (1 stick)
2 tsps grated lemon juice
1 cup castor sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup coconut
2 cups self-raising flour
3/4 cup pineapple juice

Pineapple Frosting:
30gm butter
2 cups icing sugar
1/4 cup pineapple juice

Method:
1. Grease a deep 2ocm round cake pan, line base with paper; grease paper.
2. Cream butter, rind and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, add eggs one at a time, beat until combined.
3. Transfer mixture to large bowl, stir in coconut, then half the sifted flour and pineapple juice, remaining flour and pineapple juice; stir until combined. Spread mixture into prepared pan.
4. Bake in oven at 180 degrees C/350F for about a1 hour, stand 5 minutes before turning on to wire rack to cool.
5. When cold, spread with frosting. Decorate with extra canned pineapple and toasted shredded coconut if desired.

To make pineapple frosting, combine butter and sifted icing sugar in bowl, gradually stir in pineapple juice until smooth.

Back
Top Bottom