New Chex Mixes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
Have any of you tried the nex Chex Mix flavours? Wild, indeed! There are two chocolate flavours, one with peanut butter, and the other with caramel. A wonderful combination of sweet and salty.

I've also had the apple mix, and opened the tropical mix. They are all wonderful!. I never was a huge fan of the mundane mix, but these new flavours are great. They even have a kids flavour that has captain crunch in it!

It's perfect for those living better through chemistry.:brows:

I wonder how any of them would be in the traditional Chex Mix Scramble that I make around the holidays.

Everything in there has always been savory, but a little sweet might be a nice change!

Lee

I've been making a Chai spiced Chex mix lately that is a knockout. Bob loves to take a big tupperware of in the car for breakfast snacking.

I dearly love the traditional - and always forget to make it.

yl_lol.gif
yl_lol.gif
Chai Crunch

1/2 c butter or margarine
1/2 c honey
1/2 tsp ground cardamom (I love cardamom and used extra)
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg (couldn't find mine - used mace)
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp dried orange peel
1 tsp vanilla
3 c. corn chex cereal
3 c. wheat chex cereal
3 c. honey nut cheerios
1 c. dried banana chips
1 1/2 sliced almonds (I used half almonds and half pecans)

Heat oven to 300 f. IN 1 qt saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in honey, and spices & vanilla. Stir until well mixed.

In a 15 x 11" roasting pan mix all remaining ingredients. Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture and toss until evenly coated.

Bake at 300 for 45 to 60 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Pour mixture on to wax paper and cool 15 minutes (like that'll happen
yl_lol.gif
) before serving. Store in a tightly covered container.

Bob and I are thinking a batch of this a week, at least. I may just mix up a jar of the spice mix and keep it handy so that I can just grab it and whip up a batch.
eusa_dance.gif
eusa_dance.gif
The last time I made it I added some dried tropical fruit "chips" - not so good. I am thinking of trying coconut.

That sounds really good, Harborwitch. And it doesn't have MSG in it like the packaged Chex mixes do.

I haven't looked, but I'd guess there's corn syrup too in the packaged mixes. If you want to dim the "spicey" flavor you can add a TBS of dried milk or coffee creamer - I didn't care for it. I like the spice.
:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom