Dinner, Saturday 11/25?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
Since the kids & I are going to spend the day cleaning the house, making cookie dough to freeze for Christmas, & maybe puttng up a few Christmas decorationns, I decided to go kinda easy on myself for supper tonight. We're having spaghetti with meat sauce & alfredo sauce, garlic bread, & for dessert, I may keep out enough peanut butter cookie dough for cookies.

We'll be having some sort of turkey leftovers. Since it's sort of warm out (50 degrees) I might put up my christmas lights before it get too cold. Maybe some indoor decorating too :)

Got the inside of the house decorated today, only thing left now is to get the tree...but not for three more weeks...

We're making spinach salad with cranberry goat cheese roasted beets and sauteed mushrooms.

Then stuffed artichokes.

Then shrimp and andouille sausage over grits.

Boston creme pie for dessert.

Rob Roys tonight!

Christmas is in the house:santa:

We're having tacos at the request of my youngest. That means I have to go make soft taco shells. Sigh. Its a pain, but worth it I guess.

Wow Alix, you make your own soft taco shells! I've only bought them pre-made, are they difficult to make?

Nope, easy as pie. They're like crepes without the sugar. I'll post the recipe for you. In Breads, OK?

Kim found a package of smoked pork loin in the freezer, which I think will taste very good with the leftover dressing and peas. He also thawed some wheat buns, in case we want a sandwich. Pork and dressing on a wheat bun might taste pretty good. I wonder what sort of condiment would be good with that?
There are also a few tidbits of sweets left, which we will probably finish off tonight.

Ishbel said:
Bass fillets in sage butter with spinach and green beans. No puds!

Ish, I have a package of Black Bass (freshwater bass) in the freezer, and while they're wonderful when Kim fries them, I think your recipe would be a lovely change. We both get tired of frying them every time. Would you mind sharing your method?

Leftovers from Thanksgiving with a piece of chocolate cream pie for dessert. Today, I bought the Christmas tree from the local 4-H Club. Luckily, it is cold enough here that it should keep fine out in the garage until I put it up about a week from Christmas.

Last edited:
It's cold and snowing, again here, so I decided we need comfort food. We are having meat loaf, mashed potatoes, corn and a salad. Thinking about making some brownies with toasted pecans for dessert. Guess we are all in the Christmas spirit. After I cleaned house today, we put up decorations also.

Feeling kinda crappy tonight, (darn cold caught up with me) so I heated up some of Dad's clam chowder from Thanksgiving dinner.

My neighbor brought over turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams, cranberry sauce, gravey and a large piece of Apple Pie. It was great.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom