Your ideal meals for a day.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goboenomo

Head Chef
If there were no dietary concerns, worries about trans fat and sugars, or allergies, and you could eat all you wanted for a day.

What would your ideal meals be?

Breakfast: Beer.
Lunch: Same as above
Dinner: Chicken and Spring greens (it`s like Kale and I eat it by the pound) with plenty gravy.

hang on a sec.... I do that Anyway! :P

Poached eggs on toast and a nonfat double tall white mocha from starbucks.

grilled cheese ( swiss) with ham, onion, mushrooms and tomato soup and some good hot chocolate to drink. Must be eaten in front of a fire on a snowy day in the mountains.

steak, steamed clams dipped in butter, sauted mushrooms, baked potatoes with bacon and lots of melted butter, assortment of steamed fresh veggies, gyros, fresh home grown tomatoes and cukes.

And for dessert.... vanilla ice cream.
warm chocolate pudding.
Apple pie.

Breakfast - Soya milk drink with Yu Tiao. Steamed Pork Dumpling

Lunch - Arni Yiouvetsi (Lamb shank with Orzo Pasta), Greek Salad

Dinner - Rojak (Singapore salad), Wanton Noodles with dumpling soup

How about yours, Gobo?

Ahh you caught me...
I was thinking about it...
hmm

Breakfast: Few strips of chewy bacon with scrambled eggs, white buttered toast, and breakfast potatoes nicely spiced.

Lunch: White Cheddar Kraft Dinner, grilled cheese, and, and,and.... aaaaand.... onion rings!

Dinner: breaded and fried calamari, chicken legs and cajun spiced wings, and a caesar salad.

Dessert: that apple cobbler that i posted, with french vanilla ice cream on top, and a slice of banana bread with banana and chocolate icing on top.

Breakfast: bacon sandwich with organic tomato ketchup. The bread for the sandwich would be granary bread lightly toasted and then fried in the bacon fat and butter in the pan. Fresh orange juice and two cups of "café con leche".

Very late morning: slivers of cured ham, manchego cheese and anchovies with "pa amb tomàquet" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pa_amb_tomaquet). Albariño white wine.

Lunch: Cheese (emmenthal or gruyere) omelette with salad made of cherry tomatoes, green beans and pine kernels. (More) Albariño. Tarte tatin recipe I have or muscatel grapes for dessert.

Dinner: choices.... choices. Too many favourites to choose from. But right now, I'd go for a pile of grilled lamb cutlets or a baked sea bream, chips, spinach and grilled tomato. Jean León Cabernet Sauvignon 2000 if having the lamb, an Alsace Gewurztraminer if having fish. If I thought I could manage a starter, celeriac remoulade with more cured ham. What a good excuse to open a Gewurztraminer, even if I have the cutlets!
Dessert: lemon meringue pie.

Interesting to see what I've said: not too many rich sauces or 'fancy' dishes. Remarkable how much dead pig I'd choose to eat though. Shame they're so clever.

goboenomo said:
If there were no dietary concerns, worries about trans fat and sugars, or allergies, and you could eat all you wanted for a day.

LOL, I never worry about such things. I'm blessed with great metabolism so, I pretty much eat what I want everyday until the end of the month when we're pinching pennies lol.

Ideal breakfast would be (and I say ideal not because of the dietary issues but because of availability and convenience of acquiring it) would be cheese danish.

Lunch: Jack In The Box tacos.

Dinner: Large pizza with extra cheese, mushrooms and pepperoni.

*Sigh* haven't had any of these things for over two yrs. ****, I miss the USA!!!!!

All I want when I first get up is my iced tea.
But I do get hungry around 10:30, and I'd like a very fresh, flakey Cream Horn, fresh sweet strawberries and a Mimosa.
I like soup for lunch...perhaps a nice seafood chowder, with plenty of saltines and a large glass of lowfat milk.
Dinner is the difficult one to choose. I believe I'll start with a cold beer and a dozen cold water oysters on the half shell, followed by a small delectable salad of some kind...should have a garden fresh tomato and some kind of stinky cheese.
For the next course, I'd like a bowl of seafood Gumbo and a slice of crusty bread.
After that has a chance to slide a bit, I would like filet mignon, medium-rare and half a stuffed lobster.
And for dessert...a slice of Key Lime Pie.

I'm there with you gobo on the breakfast of bacon (or ham for me) scrambled egg, toast, and spicy potatoes, and a cuppa coffee with caffeine! lol, since we're not concerned with diets and all.

As for the remaining meals, shell fish (lobster, shrimp, clams, mussells, crab), and I do love pot roasts with potatoes and root veggies, and lasagna!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom