Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Dinner November 29th (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/dinner-november-29th-29528.html)

Alix 11-29-2006 11:22 AM

Dinner November 29th

It is bloody freezing here today. I was going to do a salmon in the oven, but I think we need something more stick to your ribish for dinner. So, I have some beef and pork chunks that are thawing. I will do something with those. Not stew, maybe a modified stroganoff? Any suggestions out there?

middie 11-29-2006 11:30 AM

Heck go for the stroganoff. I'll be right over !

Steak and baked potatos here tonight.

Alix 11-29-2006 12:15 PM

I'd rather have steak and potatoes! Wanna switch?:lol:

pdswife 11-29-2006 01:01 PM

I'm thinking of either lentil or split pea soup. It's 25 degrees out there and I'm FREEZING!!!!

goboenomo 11-29-2006 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alix
It is bloody freezing here today.

Really? I haven't gotten snow here once yet. And today it's 17 degrees C!
There was no frost on the cars this morning or anything today.

I might make my dinner when I'm done work. Or I'll just see if my mom has made me anything.
Now that I think about it. I should have done that yesterday. I didn't eat dinner last night! No wonder I'm so hungry!...well... more hungry than usual.

Quote:

I'm thinking of either lentil or split pea soup. It's 25 degrees out there and I'm FREEZING!!!!
25! Wow. That's our spring near summer weather.
Although this summer was very hot. In the Greater Toronto Area we were up to 42 this summer.

You don't wanna come here during winter. You'll probly see me in the negative tempertures walking around in a t-shirt, or a light sweater.
:P

Now that I think about it, you're probably talking about F temperatures, not C. :P Even so, I'd still be out in a t-shirt. :P

Alix 11-29-2006 01:10 PM

gobo, don't make me come over there. It was -40C with the windchill last night and this morning. Oh, and for those of you who don't know...-40C = -40F. That is BLOODY cold!!

goboenomo 11-29-2006 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alix
gobo, don't make me come over there. It was -40C with the windchill last night and this morning. Oh, and for those of you who don't know...-40C = -40F. That is BLOODY cold!!

We were down there last winter around this time. I don't know what's going on this year.
But yeah, come on over, everybody can come. We'll sit back in the yard, have some ice cream, and watch the bees fly around. :P

Did you ever see it so cold outside that when you breathe, your breath freezes. Seriously! You breathe out and it clouds up and sinks to the ground.

boufa06 11-29-2006 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdswife

'Fakes' sounds just right for a very cold day.

Over here it's chilly. So I decided to go Chinese with steamed perch fillet, leeks and Shitake mushrooms and a stir-fry vegetable dish consisting of pumpkin, carrot, potato and cabbage along with plain rice.

mugsy27 11-29-2006 01:39 PM

crazy weather here in MD...its in the mid 50's today!!

gonna go with beer battered fish tacos tonight w/ lots cold beer tonight!!

YT2095 11-29-2006 01:49 PM

cheat-mode Tonight here, we`re having chicken and Mushroom Fray Bentos pie each (hangs head in shame).

it HAS been a very busy day for me though and I didn`t get back until Very late.