Dinner November 29th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
It is bloody freezing here today. I was going to do a salmon in the oven, but I think we need something more stick to your ribish for dinner. So, I have some beef and pork chunks that are thawing. I will do something with those. Not stew, maybe a modified stroganoff? Any suggestions out there?

I'm thinking of either lentil or split pea soup. It's 25 degrees out there and I'm FREEZING!!!!

Alix said:
It is bloody freezing here today.

Really? I haven't gotten snow here once yet. And today it's 17 degrees C!
There was no frost on the cars this morning or anything today.

I might make my dinner when I'm done work. Or I'll just see if my mom has made me anything.
Now that I think about it. I should have done that yesterday. I didn't eat dinner last night! No wonder I'm so hungry!...well... more hungry than usual.

I'm thinking of either lentil or split pea soup. It's 25 degrees out there and I'm FREEZING!!!!

25! Wow. That's our spring near summer weather.
Although this summer was very hot. In the Greater Toronto Area we were up to 42 this summer.

You don't wanna come here during winter. You'll probly see me in the negative tempertures walking around in a t-shirt, or a light sweater.
:P

Now that I think about it, you're probably talking about F temperatures, not C. :P Even so, I'd still be out in a t-shirt. :P

Last edited:
gobo, don't make me come over there. It was -40C with the windchill last night and this morning. Oh, and for those of you who don't know...-40C = -40F. That is BLOODY cold!!

Alix said:
gobo, don't make me come over there. It was -40C with the windchill last night and this morning. Oh, and for those of you who don't know...-40C = -40F. That is BLOODY cold!!

We were down there last winter around this time. I don't know what's going on this year.
But yeah, come on over, everybody can come. We'll sit back in the yard, have some ice cream, and watch the bees fly around. :P

Did you ever see it so cold outside that when you breathe, your breath freezes. Seriously! You breathe out and it clouds up and sinks to the ground.

Last edited:
pdswife said:

'Fakes' sounds just right for a very cold day.

Over here it's chilly. So I decided to go Chinese with steamed perch fillet, leeks and Shitake mushrooms and a stir-fry vegetable dish consisting of pumpkin, carrot, potato and cabbage along with plain rice.

crazy weather here in MD...its in the mid 50's today!!

gonna go with beer battered fish tacos tonight w/ lots cold beer tonight!!

cheat-mode Tonight here, we`re having chicken and Mushroom Fray Bentos pie each (hangs head in shame).

it HAS been a very busy day for me though and I didn`t get back until Very late.

Alix, it may be too late in the day, but how about the crock pot beef stroganoff that's been posted before? It's one of my favorites. In fact I think we'll be having it tomorrow. I can repost if you'd like.

We're going out. I told DH I'm too tired and grouchy today to cook. He was wise enough to simply say, "that's fine." :) :LOL:

We've been having strange, balmy weather here, too. I'd actually like to have some cold weather. Right now it feels more like spring than Christmas!

And the weather is fine by me Pa. Been in the 60's all week. Not looking to the cold front coming this way on Friday. Nope no way.

Making a chicken curry for my husband, and something with shrimp for me, probably saute the shrimp with some veggies and have some spaghetti.

It's 46 degrees F here, so it's no too cold, and suppose to be warmer tomorrow until the chilly weather on Saturday.

Weather is crazy here today, too - 60 degrees F - however, they are calling for a drastic change tomorrow - 30! I have french bread baking now and we are having leftover beef barley soup I made this past weekend - home all day with a sick kid (the teenager) who is more of a baby than the baby!

split pea won out for tonight. It's bubbling on the stove as we speak. Yummy!

Well, it was 68 F. here and not much cooler right now. I made a wild and brown rice salad and cut up some chicken to go in it. It can be served warm or cold. I'll have to post a recipe - it's very refreshing, light, and kind of healthy even! :chef:

I had 3 hot dogs, a large order of chili cheese fries, & a chocolate peanut butter milk shake made with peanut butter, vanilla ice cream, cool whip, & chocolate syrup. Can you tell I didn't have lunch or breakfast today?:rolleyes:

crewsk said:
I had 3 hot dogs, a large order of chili cheese fries, & a chocolate peanut butter milk shake made with peanut butter, vanilla ice cream, cool whip, & chocolate syrup. Can you tell I didn't have lunch or breakfast today?:rolleyes:

BUT - were the hot dogs all the way or nekked???? :chef:

PA, phooey that I didn't get back to this sooner! I had to go out to a meeting and just threw dinner together in a hurry when I got back. It was edible, but not the tastiest thing I've made recently. I don't much care though. It was hot, brown and there was plenty of it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom