Tool identity help needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnyccc

Assistant Cook
Hi,
My I would like to buy an appliance that was seen on a TV show for a Christmas gift this year but have had no luck in finding it.

It is like a blender I guess.
However, it looks smaller, specifically in its width.
The main part with the chopping/grinding/blitzing device is attached to the lid and is removable, I saw it used in a pan away from the main pot where the food would usually be put in.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

YES folks, it's the MAGIC BULLET! Only twelve easy payments of 29999999.95 (plus 999999.95 shipping and handling). It slices, dices, and purees!

Sorry, couldn't resist. I love those infomercials with the guy who crushes all his eggs into oblivion because he doesn't have the flipmaster 7000. :LOL:

I want one of those rotisseries that roasts a 3lb chicken! :pig:

Hello and welcome to DC. I just saw the info commercial and it is called the
"Magic Bullit".

I have very bad luck ordering things that I have seen on television but go ahead and give it a try.

Hey johnyccc...

Just set your alarm and wake up early and flip through the EARLY morning infomercials. While the basic unit is available for $59.99 at most kitchen stores, I think you get extra STUFF when you get it from TV. Granted, I think the offer on TV might get you not ONE... but TWO Magic Bullets for more money ($99.99) but I think you get other extras not available for the $59.99 price.

I love mine, and use it all the time. I think your 'extra' one (if you go the 2 for 1 TV special route) would make a great gift for someone.

Hey - just my 2 cents coming in here. I've read some things about the Magic Bullet that leads me to believe it isn't the greatest thing in the world. Who'd've thunk it? A love of people seem to love them, though.

I have a Braun Multiquick that I bought several years ago at Bed, Bath & Beyond for $89 - 20% discount. It was reviewed by Cook's Illustrated as the best of the handheld blenders and I can see why.

The one I have is not only a very efficient handheld blender which can be used directly in the cooking pot, but it has two different sized food processor bowls, one almost as large as a blender and another smaller one perfect for things like herbs, garlic, little amounts of stuff. It also has an ice chopper attachment I've never used, a whisk and some other stuff I can't remember off the top of my head. I absolutely love this little appliance and quality-wise, it can't be beat.

If I were you, I'd skip on by the Magic Bullet (available at Walgreens, by the way, if you really want it) and scope out the Brauns. There are several different ones available, but the Multiquick is their top of the line and the most powerful, but there are others if you don't want to deal with all the attachments. I'm fortunate enough to have a drawer just for mine, but not everyone does. The only reason I'm posting my endorsement is because, like I said, I've read reviews elsewhere. Also, for $99 and two Magic Bullets, you can get the Braun that I'm betting will last pretty much close to a lifetime.

Cheers - Beth

Yet another great tool that is better at separating you form your money, then slicing, dicing, chopping, mixing, or otherwise devastating anything you put in it.

Thanks everyone, I don't think it was the actual Magic Bullet but your help did lead me to the description "handheld blender" (which seems kinda obvious now) and a quick search has revealed many such products :)

I use a Braun multi-attachment stick blender that ultimately does all of that as well. The Magic Bullet uses plastic screws and fittings (a theme amongst poorly made and poor quality "cheap" products) and the motor is woefully inadequate. I've heard they're great for a short while and then end up getting trashed.

Macy's sells a "boutique" version of the product (made by Bellatina or some such company) that I've heard is much more high quality while still having the convenience of all those "cups", but I'll stick with my stick blender and its attachments (only 50 bucks at Macy's during one of their sales)

Back
Top Bottom